Tamko Topics is a weekly newsletter of The Students’ Union of Tampere University of Applied Sciences.
How to publish in Tamko Topics? If you wish to publish news considering students and student life in Tamko Topics, send it via email to Tamko’s Communications expert at topicsiin(at)tamko.fi. Deadline for the material is Wednesday for the next week’s Tamko Topics.
- Statement: We don’t tolerate any kind of harassment in our university community
- Tamko’s office opening hours and member services
- Information about COVID-19 vaccinations at campuses
- Campusravita now also open on Saturdays
- Student’s parking permit needed on campus
- Tolu’s weekly sports shift 14th of September (volleyball)
- Space for Humanity bootcamp for future impact entrepreneurs is open for new applications
1. Statement: We don’t tolerate any kind of harassment in our university community
Tamko has become aware of harassment incidents in our university community this autumn. We don’t tolerate any kind of harassment, discrimination, bullying or any other kind of insulting behaviour in Tampere University of Applied Sciences’ community. Everyone, including bystanders, has a responsibility to intervene to such behaviour when they discover it. Read the whole statement.
2. Tamko’s office opening hours and member services
Tamko’s office member services desk opening hours: Mon-Fri 10am – 2pm. Remember to keep safe distance when queuing to the service desk and wear a mask. If the doors are locked during office hours (8am-4pm), please ring the doorbell. We will update the office opening hours if needed. Good to know when you are coming to Tamko’s office:
- The old academic year sticker (red) is valid until 30.9.2021
- You can pay Tamko membership here: tamko.fi/student-card/continue-your-membership
- OR you can come by to our office and pay the membership with credit card or cash. You’ll also get a new academic year sticker to your student card.
- You can also get your student card sticker via registered mail.
- Autumn campaign for 3rd and 4th year students: Free mailing for your academic year sticker.
- Use PIVO Mobile student card as often as you can.
Read more: tamko.fi/news
3. Information about COVID-19 vaccinations at campuses
Higher education students studying in Tampere can get vaccinated at pop-up stations at Tampere University and Tampere University of Applied Sciences. All higher education students studying at Tampere University or University of Applied Sciences may come for a vaccination at the pop-up stations, regardless of their municipality of residence. International higher education exchange students can also get vaccinated at these stations. No advance appointment is needed. You can get vaccinated by simply queuing up.
More information and times of the pop-up stations: https://intra.tuni.fi/en/content/news/29987
4. Campusravita now also open on Saturdays
Campusravita restaurant is also open on Saturdays for the time being. Saturday opening hours: G2-Line:
Cafeteria items sold 9-12.30
Notice! Only card payments on Saturdays.
5. Student’s parking permit needed on campus
Students arriving to TAMK’s main campus by car, please notice that you need a parking permit for parking in the campus area on weekdays at 8–16. You can buy your parking permit from the eParking online service.
Enter the Parking system (eparking.fi) with your Haka access. In the system, you will find the main campus’ parking areas as well as prices. Please make sure that your parking permit is properly updated since from September 13th there will be intensified control checkups in and around the parking areas.
IGL-Technologies Oy, customer support: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 040 653 8556
6. Tolu’s weekly sports shift 14th of September (volleyball)
Tolu’s weekly 2-hour drop-in sports shift is BACK! Welcome all at the familiar time on Tuesday the 7th of September from 17:00 to 19:00 at TAMK’s sports hall. We’ll play a different sport each week and on next time it’s going to be badminton! All TAMK students and staff are welcome to join, and there is no skill requirements. We just want to have fun responsibly and get you moving. We’ll provide all the gear except for your sports attire and indoor playing shoes. You don’t need SportUni membership in order to attend, just say that you’re coming to Tolu’s weekly sport shift at the customer service desk.
7. Space for Humanity bootcamp for future impact entrepreneurs is open for newa pplications
Apply to spend five immersive days together with other changemakers at the Space for Humanity bootcamp in Espoo between 8th-12th of November 2021. Participation is free-of-charge but seats are limited. Find out more and apply by 17th October: www.spaceforhumanity.fi