Council elections will be held yearly in autumn. Please note that Council’s working language is finnish.
What on earth is council?
There are 21 students working at the council. They are using the highest power in students´ union. You will get to work with other students to effect Tamkos action and to maintain students wellbeing.
Working at council you will get more out of student life. You will meet new people, make new friends and practice conference standards. All the decicions are made together, you don´t have to work alone!
Tamkos members (people who are studying at TAMK currently and have paid Tamkos membership) can vote at the council elections. 21 members will be elected.
Council elections are held as list election. List election is a election method where for example candidates with the same education or same values are on the same list as candidates. Therefore the voter does not only vote for person but also for a list. The popularity of the list affects to the composition of elected persons. The same method is used for example in the parliamentary elections.
voting in the council elections
The electronic voting takes place via email link. The link will be sent to TUNI email for all Tamko members who are eligible to vote in the Council elections. Students who have joined Tamko during the Council elections will have the voting link sent to their email immediately after joining. The ballot box voting takes place on TAMK campuses and the ballots are handed out at the voting place. Please note that student card or official ID are required to prove your identity for the election supervisor.
Ballot box voting takes place on these campuses:
- Main campus (Kuntokatu 3, 33210 Tampere)
- Mediapolis (Tohlopinranta 31, 33270 Tampere)
- Proakatemia (Finlaysoninkuja 21 A, 33210 Tampere)
STANDING AS A CANDIDATE IN THE ELECTIONS
All those who have enrolled for the following semester and are members of Tamko can stand as a candidate in the elections.
Follow these steps below to become a candidate for Council elections!
1. Fill out the candidate announcement
- Fill out the cancidate announcement form, click here to find the e-form.
(This form is only in Finnish, since Council’s working language is Finnish)
You can run for Tamko’s Council between 20.9.2022 9 AM – 11.10.2022 12AM.
2. Declare yourself to a candidate list
You have to declare yourself to a candidate list that you can run for the council. You can choose your candidate list yourself. Choose candidate list with people who has same values as you. Different candidate lists are organized by sub-associations. Don´t be afraid to contact them! If you are having hard time finding your own candidate list, we will help you. If you want to, you can create your own candidate list. If there is only one person at the candidate list, they have to get as meny votes as the most popular candidate lists persons together. Please note, you can only reprecent on one candidate list!
One person will manage the candidate list and gives out the form to Tamko. One candidate list can hold 21 people at maximum.
Link to candidate form to Tamko. (This form is only in finnish, since Council’s working language is Finnish.)
candidate Lists anounced to tamko (Updated 22.9.2022)
Candidate lists that are being informed to Tamko are being gathered here. If you want to stand as a candidate you can check these lists out and join to one of these lists if you want. There is always a choice to create your own candidate list. If you want to have your own list on this page send email to email@example.com.
- SoTen Valitut Palat
– Candidate list organized by SOPU ry and PIRATE ry
– Contact person: Miikka Kuusela
– Joining to list: send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Candidate list organized by TIRO ry
– Contact person: Sanni Kirjavainen, email@example.com
– Joining to list: fill out Insinöörit forms from here.
– Contact person: Mikko Wrightson, firstname.lastname@example.org
– Joining to list: fill out Oikeisto-opiskelijat forms from here.
– Contact person: Mikko Vaskivuori, email@example.com
– Joining to list: fill out Tradenomit forms from here.
3. ADVERTISE YOURSELf
You can do it through social media, among your study friends, do posters, have a stand at campus etc. If you put posters to notice boards remember to get a Tamkos stamp from our office to your poster. In all advertise you have to follow TAMK´s guidence. Tamko will advertise every candidate evenly.
Council elections 2022 timetable
- 14.9. election announcement
- 20.9.-11.10. running for the Council
- 26.10-9.11. Electronic voting. It will end on the last day of voting at 3PM.
- 9.11. The ballot box voting. It will end at 3PM
- 9.11. Central Election Committees meeting, announcing the results!
- 22.11. Council’s organizational meeting 4:30 PM
Central election committee 2022:
Every year new Central Election Committee is chosen by the Council. Central Election Committee organizes Council elections, counts the votes and makes sure election regulations is up to date. Executive Director of the Students´ Union works as a secretary in Central Clection Committee. Central Election Committee works until new students are chosen for the roles, usually for one year.
- Ilari Savikko – Chairperson
- Kia Kauppinen – Vice chairperson
- Jukka Eräpuro – Member
- Laura Korhonen – Member
- Katariina Tuomisto – Member
- Nagaib Barati – Member
You can send your questions about elections via email to firstname.lastname@example.org