Tamko’s Hobby Clubs
If you want to join a club, contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a club’s board member and noticed that information on this page is incorrect or about to change? Update your information with this form ”Contact information update” (in Finnish only)
Antura is Tampere University of Applied Sciences’ building trade students’ club. Its purpose is to boost the feeling of solidarity between the Construction Engineer and Construction Site Management students and strengthen the cooperation between students and the field’s firms and trade unions.
- Harri Kuhna – chairperson
- Kaisa Haanpää – vice chairperson
- Tuomas Koskimäki – secretary
- Aku Käkilehto – financial coordinator
- Aaro Nyman – event coordinator
- Julius Pihlaja – company cooperations
- Janne Kettunen – member and tutor coordinator
- Johannes Markkola – marketing coordinator
- Ville Sivén – graphic designer, molding maestro
Aku Käkilehto – email@example.com
Biceps – TAMPERE’S PHYSIOTHERAPY STUDENTS’ CLUB – BICEPS
BICEPS on Tampereen ammattikorkeakoulun fysioterapeuttiopiskelijoiden kerho, jonka tarkoituksena on toimia jäsenistönsä yhdyssiteenä sekä tiedonvälittäjänä. Kerhon tehtävänä on kehittää opetuksen ja opiskelun sisältöä sekä toimia linkkinä alan toimijoihin. Kerho toimii alan opiskelijoiden edunvalvojana koulussa. Kerho järjestää jäsenistölleen erilaisia koulutuksia sekä mukavaa yhteistä tekemistä tuodakseen eri vuosiluokkia yhteen.
- Saara Järvinen – chairperson
- Kaarle Kalliojärvi – vice chairperson
- Aliisa Oksanen – finance coordinator
- Petri Salminen – secretary
- Joel Anttinen – education affairs
- Siiri Nykänen – event coordinator
- Mona Krueger – communications and social media
- Sanja Säpyskä-Rajala – facilities coordinator
- Henni Siuko – facilities coordinator
BioKe is Biomedical laboratory scientist students’ club that brings all students in this field together. We want to make this field more visible and bring forward our important place in the healthcare system. Therefore we thrive to enrich the student life.
Our purpose is to organize different events and co-operate with other clubs and organisations.
- Aliisa Parikainen – chairperson
- Sanni Merta – vice chairperson
- Jaana Leppinen – secretary
- Salla Korhonen – financial coordinator
- Elviira Hermonen – co-operations and educational affairs coordinator
- Henna Väisänen – leisure and events coordinator
- Mariella Luukkonen – marketing coordinator
- Piia Sulasalmi – social media coordinator
- Aino Nurmi – graphic designer
- Pirta Rontti – graphic designer
GLOBE (= Giant Leprechauns On Behalf of the Environment) is a student club for Enviromental Engineering students in TAMK. We organize different sorts of events, gatherings and trips for all ENVEs. We also try to influence on important environmental issues in our surroundings. Everyone is free to join us and also to bring in new ideas.
Our website will tell you more: http://globetamk.weebly.com/about-us.html
Hallitus / Board 2023:
- Anni Seeger – chairperson
- Noore Serlippens – vice chairperson
- Sara di Giovanni – financial
- Ilias Foteinos – secretary
- Evelina Gruzdova – membership representative
HAPPO RY – TAMK’S LABORATORY ENGINEERING STUDENTS’ CLUB HAPPO RY
HAPPO ry is Tampere University of Applied Sciences’ Laboratory Engineering students’ club. HAPPO ry promotes the interests of the Laboratory Engineering students and organizes events and excursions to firms in the field. The organization offers its members affordable coffee, participates in tutoring activities, helps new students to acquire overalls and sells overall patches both to its members and non-members. You can find Happo members from Kuntokatu Campus, wing A’s underground floor (A0), and you can reach us by this address: happo(at)tamko.fi
- Sanni Koukku – chairperson, pj.happo(at)tamko.fi
- Veera Vanhala– vice chairperson
- Teija Vähäkuopus – education policy coordinator
- Nelli Huotari – social affairs coordinator
- Sami Kivinen – treasurer
- Heidi Svensberg– secretary
- Jussi Lahtinen – event lady
- Mira Hietanen – culture and leisure coordinator
- Saara Sonny – overalls coordinator
- Olivia Mönttinen – social media coordinator
- Santtu Aaltonen – graphic designer
- Niko Paukkola – member coordinator
- Laura Tiainen – overall patch coordinator
- Laura Niinimäki – member of the Board
Teija Vähäkuopus – firstname.lastname@example.org
Tampereen Konekerho ry
Konekerho ry is TAMK’s Mechanical Engineering students’ and Vehicle Engineering students’ club. Konekerho organizes excursions to firms, our own events and cooperative events with other clubs and organizations. Konekerho offers its member a club room that can be found on the floor A0. The club room has capabilities for both group work and leisure time between lectures.
- Riina Salonen – chairperson
- Sami Paakkanen – vice chairperson
- Topias Nikki – treasurer
- Pekka Parviainen – secretary
- Santeri Heino – education policy coordinator
- Jesse Hietala– event coordinator
- Patrik Mäenpää – member and entertainment coordinator
- Arttu Heikkinen– company and cooperation coordinator
- Juuso Puranen – project coordinator
- Ida Kuukkanen – publicity and marketing
- Ida-Maria Forsman – graphic design
Ida-Maria Forsman – email@example.com
Puusuutarit ry is TAMK’s Construction Engineering students’ club that organizes Asta Fair in cooperation with Tampere Trade Fairs and TAMK every spring. The association consists of third-year and fourth-year students of which the fourth-year students have the lead responsibility and the third-years students act as apprentices.
From this link: http://puusuutarit.fi/puusuutarit.html
Score is a new student club for people interested in video game development. It aims to be the first Finnish student chapter of IGDA, the International Game Developers’ Association. Score is also formally known as Tampere University of Applied Sciences Game Development Club.
Who gets to Score?
Basically anyone who’s up for it! We invite every student interested in gamedev as a career, as one of our main points is to form an active medium for students to communicate with each other – pretty much what IGDA is doing with the current developers. We plan on creating and maintaining relationships with other similar instances (like DiGRA) and all local studios.
Our aims can be split in two as follows:
1. Getting our hands dirty
Making our own games and/or modifications to existing games. Nothing can replace real life experience, so we must do what we must do. We will have at least one project on at all times depending on resources and prefer smaller/more creative/experimental ones over big total conversions or such.
We have a lot of students who study producing/design/audio/writing etc, so it’s in our interests to build “simple” games with rich content or unique playability. Self reflectionism is also a keyword, as we want to study every aspect of game design and not take anything as-is.
2. Networking and directing studies
It is not that easy to know what is up in the business and who is who without digging the web really hard. We plan on providing a more efficient channel of information for the students and at the same time a possibility for the companies to review possible future employees. We would love to see companies recruiting students from our ranks to some low level summer jobs and such.
Besides that, we help students to find the most efficient way to utilise their skills on game dev, not depending on what their major is in school.
How can I Score?
In short: Let us know you exist! You might want to visit our home page and follow the instructions there. If you are still not sure, you can always contact us at score(at)igda.fi or join our club meetings!
SOURCE is TAMK’s ICT Engineering students’ club. We organize all kinds of events, and our purpose is to create a more tightly-knit network of IT professionals and share information about the opportunities in our field.
- Toni Rantanen – chairperson
- Leevi Immonen – vice chairperson
- Atte Kaartosalmi – treasurer
- Laura Tiihonen – publicity coordinator
- Juho Mäkitalo – event coordinator
- Alina Kauppila – external relations coordinator
- Arttu Uuranmäki – leisure coordinator
- Sylvi Kokko – member coordinator
- Oscar Hero – international affairs coordinator
- Sviatoslav Vasev – webmain
Sylvi Kokko – jasen(a)source.club
SYNTAKSI ry is TAMK’s Business Information Systems students’ club. The club’s purpose is to make the students more visible and create suitable events for them.
- Milla Kaasalainen – chairperson
- Ville Lindgren – vice chairperson
- Miro Mäkinen– secretary
- Visa Keskinen – treasurer
- Antti Hottola – member coodinator
- Juuso Korhonen – webmaster
- Mikko Salonen – company and cooperation coordinator
Talotekniikan Kilta (freely translated as Building Services Engineering Guild), TaTek, is a club under the Students’ Union of Tampere University of Applied Sciences (Tamko) that was established in 2010. The purpose of the guild is to enhance the feeling of solidarity between students of HVAC Systems and Electrical Systems and improve the cooperation with firms in the field.
- Eemeli Torkkeli – chairperson
- Eero Lahdenniemi – vice chairperson/education policy coordinator
- Kalle Helén – treasure
- Eetu Riikkonen – communication coordinator
- Paul Boijer – company and cooperation coordinator
- Arttu Niska – secretary and member coordinator
Viivi Vatanen – firstname.lastname@example.org
Eero Lahdenniemi – email@example.com
Tarkka is Tampere’s Construction Architect students’ club that offers its members fun recreational activities and interesting extra content to their studies. The primary purpose of Tarkka is to enhance the feeling of solidarity between the Construction Architect students and Architect students. Tarkka cooperates with other clubs, associations and
business representatives. Tarkka was founded in the autumn of 2014 when the Degree Programme in Construction Architecture was reinstated to the curriculum. All Construction Architecture students of Tampere University of Applied Sciences can join Tarkka as student members. Students from other fields of study can also be accepted as endorsement members. You can join as a student member by paying Tarkka’s membership fee at Tamko’s office.
Welcome to Tarkka!
- Eero Malila– chairperson
- Aarto Markkanen – vice chairpeson
- Viivi Koski – treasurer
- Melina Avelin – secretary
- Tanita Mäkinen – publicist
- Elina Mäkipää – event coordinator
- Pinja Niskanen – excursion coordinator
- Tommi Hakkarainen – coffee coordinator
- Pyry Kononen – education policies and external relations coordinator
- Anniina Petäjä – calender coordinator
The purpose of Tampereen sähköopiskelijat TASO ry (freely translated as the Electrical Engineering students of Tampere) is to enhance our members knowledge of the electrical engineering trade and offer them facilities, equipment and materials to carry out their own projects. In addition, we have a spacious office in the downstairs of the electrical wing of the Kuntokatu Campus (A0-18) where we offer five-star services and equipment, such as computers, a refrigerator and a coffee maker. You can find us by following the smell of smoke and the signs that start by the elevator. When possible, TASO ry aims to organize small-scale activities for its members, such as excursions to industrial plants and visits to fairs dedicated to the electrical trade. We aim to also organize more relaxed forms of entertainment, such as sauna evenings, when there is demand.
Because TASO ry consists of students from different student year groups, we also offer assistance in matters related to electrical and electronics, studying and whatever else you may require. TASO ry’s membership fee is a paltry €5/academic year, and you can join through Kide.app.
- Samuli Marttila – chairperson
- Juuso Torikka – vice chairperson
- Sini-Marjaana Ikonen – treasurer
- Julius Alanko – secretary
- Jani Kallonen – educational affairs
- Markus Korpela – event coordinator
- Antti Paasikivi – cooperations coordinator
- Saku Korpela – facilities and member coordinator
- Lumi Vainio – graphic and social media coordinator
Sini-Marjaana Ikonen – firstname.lastname@example.org
VETO-kerho is a subject club for students of Programme in Network Learning and Competencies (Veto). Our goal is to further multidisciplinary in student communities. VETO-kerho acts as a trustee for Veto-students and organizes various events for the members.
- Mikko Juvonen – chairperson
- Sarra Kuuspalo – vice chairperson
- Waltteri Pere – treasurer
- Tia Määttä – secretary
- Rauli Mäkinen – network coordinator
- Iida Aaltonen – event coordinator
- Heta Montonen – event coordinator
- Minttu Karvonen – overall coordinator
- Lotta Suolaniemi – member and tutor coordinator
- Oona Kärkkäinen – board’s minion
Lotta Suolaniemi -email@example.com
tamko’s hobby clubs
ATIK (Alkeellisten Taitojen Insinööri Kiekkoa, freely translated as Engineer Ice Hockey of Rudimentary Skills) organizes ice hockey games on Mondays at Tampere Ice Stadium (Hakametsä). Everybody from TAMK are welcome to join, as long as you can hold onto your stick and keep yourself upright on the ice. We play with recreational rules (no checking or slapshots) and with smiles on our faces. Yet, passion for the sport is not quite enough, as you also need your own complete set of equipment to join us on ice. But of course, the most important thing is that there is enough enthusiasm, and everybody is having fun. Our goal is to offer the hockey-minded people of TAMK time on the ice and good games.
If your skates are sharp and your chin strap loose enough, drop us a message at atik(at)tamko.fi and we’ll see if we have an open spot for you!
- Eeli Niemi– chairperson
- Eero Pulkkinen – vice chairperson & secretary
- Tuomas Koskimäki – treasurer & member coordinator
ATIK on Facebook
Bubiklubi maintains and improves students’ knowledge of the city and sub-region by cultural events and supports social relations between students during the academic year by means of collaboration. Bubiklubi organizes visits to restaurants and pubs in Tampere Region.
- Severi Kettula – chairperson
- Juho Ahvenniemi
- Toni Mähönen
- Juho Mäkitalo
- Julius Alanko
- Jarno Nevanperä
- Ollimatti Aikio
- Arttu Laukkanen
- Markus Inkinen
- Pauli Matilainen
- Ville Paananen
- Marianne Lehvilä
Club International Tampere (CLINT) is a sub-organization of Tamko (Student Union of Tampere University of Applied Scienses).
The main mission of CLINT is to enhance the co-operation between Finnish students and exchange students who come to study in Tampere University of Applied Scienses, and that way facilitate their adaptation to Finnish culture. CLINT is operated by its board members and many active international tutors.
Our main activities include maintaining and supervising the Survival Kits as well as organizing various events for the exchange students. CLINT also takes part in training the new international tutors.
- Tuomas Väkiparta– president
- Oscar Hero – vice president
- Willy Wesslin – treasurer
- Md Fakhruddin Ferdous – event coordinator
- Veera Jaakkola– event coordinator
- Suvi Ahtikari – event coordinator
- Eerika Malkamäki – officer
- Alexandra Bohm – external relations coordinator
- Sandra Mustonen – overalls and event coordinator
- Tana Vipavin – officer
- Josef Polasek – officer
- Sanni Mäkinen – officer
- Chi Pham – officer
- Sara Ammor – officer
- Ali Hoseen – officer
Kolpakko – Kaupin olut- ja panokerho
Kaupin olut- ja panokerho KOLPAKKO (freely translated as Kauppi Beer and Brewing Club) promotes the homebrewing hobby of TAMK’s students. KOLPAKKO improves its members know-how in tasting specialty beers and homebrewing. The members can rent equipment from the club for their homebrewing activities.
- Hilla Toivanen – chairperson
- Wilma Vuorenmaa – vice chairperson
- Eevertti-Iivari Salo – treasurer
- Pekka Parviainen – secretary
- Janne Ananin – pano and entertainment coordinator
- Arttu Uuranmäki – event coordinator
- Juuse Hannula – cooperation coordinator
- Jukka-Pekka Jänkälä – graphics
- Jaakko Järvenpää – social media coordinator
- Juho Lajusuo – excursion coordinator
Mesikerho is a forest and mind club born out of the Forest Recipe project. Our aim is to improve students’ relationship with nature, increase inclusion and provide peer support for studying. We organize both low-threshold walks in the nearby forest and larger-scale nature hikes with varying themes. Our activities encourage substance abstinence.
- Levi Pitkäniemi – chairperson
- Eelis Danemann – vice chairperson
- Samuel Mukari – secretary
- Henri Kosonen – treasurer
- Rasmus Heino – international coordinator
- Kerttu Seikkula – co-operations coordinator
- Annika Kivimäki – communications and marketing coordinator
- Tero Vuolle – trip coordinator
- Susanna Halme – the member of the Board
Tampere Formula Student ry
The Formula Student SAE/Formula Student competition is international racing series in which students compete with their self-made small formula -style racing cars. Students from over 100 educational institutions conceive, design, produce and compete with approved Formula Student -class racing vehicle annually in events arranged all over the world. During recent years Formula Student has been in a strong buoyant force and especially in Europe awareness of the series has escalated among upcoming engineers, motor sport fans and also companies from all over the globe. Therefore the events offer excellent and substantial network for making international contacts.
The competitions are divided into two main sections, static events and dynamic events. Design of the car, marketability and cost analysis are evaluated in the static events. Performance, durability and fuel economy are evaluated in the dynamic events.
The purpose for the competition is to develop future engineering skills in designing, manufacturing and also in project management and financial sectors as well. Tampere Formula Student engineering team consist of students from Tampere University of Applied Sciences, Finland. Our association was established in 2006 and our mission is to design and build a new racing car annually in order to stay in the top class of the series. Currently the development of our new upcoming racing car is in progress.
- Sami Sulkala – chairperson
- Samuli Harjula – vice chairperson
- Samuli Silvennoinen – treasurer
- Otto Makkonen – secretary
- Aleksi Rantanen – board member
- Simo Huuskonen – board member
Teatteri Ääriraja is a theater group founded in the autumn of 2014. The purpose of the group is to have fun in a theater setting and to have a play ready by the end of each academic year. In addition to theater activities, we aim to do fun things together off the setting and meet new people. If you are interested in joining us, send us an email to teatteriaariraja(at)tamko.fi or contact us on Facebook.
- Johanna Huttunen– chairperson
- Anna Löövi– vice chairperson, external relations coordinator
- Matias Korhonen – treasurer
- Minea Leppänen – secretary
- Anitra Von Essen – member
Tampereen orastavat lihakset urheiluseura ry (or Tolu ry, freely translated as Tampere’s Burgeoning Muscles Sports Club) is a student sports club that works closely together with Tamko. We participate in organizing various events and activities and in increasing knowledge about the delights and necessity of sports.
- Johanna Yrjölä – chairperson
- Hermanni Koskinen – vice chairperson
- Samuli Lumme – treasurer
- Ville Pesonen – secretary
- Karri Pakkala – marketing coordinator
- Utsab Pokharel – communication coordinator
- Jenni Ijäs – board member
- Ville Lindgren – board member
- Stella Salamu – board member
- Matias Olkkonen – board member
Alumni of the Students’ Union of Tampere University of Applied Sciences – VaHa Kabinetti VaHa Kabinetti was founded in November 2014.
Kuisti ry (freely translated as Porch ry) is an association founded in 2020. Our purpose is to prevent the social exclusion of students and to offer a safe space for meeting other students. The main project of the association is to build a mobile porch by which we would facilitate student events and grill sausages both with meat and without.
Kuisti ry aims to improve students’ knowledge of porches and terraces, and we also annually hand out the Kuisti of the Year award.
- Toni Rantanen – chairperson
- Aurora Kaakkolammi – vice chairperson
- Juuso Alanko – treasurer
- Aaro Toivonen – SK
- Juho Mäkitalo – IT-kuistiperson
- Jenni Kupiainen – cooperation coordinator
- Teemu Urpo– project manager
- Mikko Wrightson – panomestari
- Rikuville Uusitalo – workperson
- Leevi Villa – wiener machine
Aaro Toivonen – firstname.lastname@example.org
NääsPeksi ry, an interactive musical plays association, is a public benefit purpose association founded in 2011 whose purpose is to produce and support the theater hobby of the universities students of Tampere. However, the activities of NääsPeksi have continued with the same objective since 1999, and it is currently one of the largest amateur theaters of Finland. We have hundreds of volunteers with various tasks from Tampere Universities each year. Of those, Tampere University of Technology is most prominent, as NääsPeksi has operated within its student union since its beginning.
- Lauri Pitkäjärvi – chairperson
- Erik Erola – vice chairperson
- Emma Taalikka – secretary
- Emma Brown – event coordinator
- Miikka Saraniemi – culture coordinator
- Henri Kiiski – treasurer
- Miika Kotajärvi – NääsPaja coordinator
- Siina Siuvo – NääsDance coordinator
- Janita Rintala – IT and equality coordinator
- Saga Porjo – communication and equality coordinator
PAH ry – Puhallinorkesteri Akateeminen Henkäys
Puhallinorkesteri Akateeminen Henkäys, or more familiarly PAH (freely translated as Academic Breeze Wind Orchestra), is a student wind orchestra founded in 2019. The orchestra was founded because of the need to have an active, good-quality wind orchestra for the students of Tampere. The objective of the orchestra is to offer the members of Tampere Universities community a good-quality, goal-oriented musical hobby activities. Our diverse repertoire consists of both classics and contemporary music, from marches to film scores. PAH’s artistic director is Asseri Väisänen
- Mikko Sauni – chairperson
- Kaisa Rantamäki – vice chairperson
- Jami Särkinen – treasurer
- Santeri Saine– secretary
- Janni Forsell – equality coordinator
- Pihla Antila – member coordinator
- Daniel Koskikunnas – facilities and concert coordinator
- Saini Koivuniemi – sheet music collection coordinator
- Hilda Perander – member of the board
- Reetta Liinamaa – deputy member
TAKSIGAYS – TAMPEREEN AKATEEMISESTI SIVISTYNEET GAMBINAN YSTÄVÄT ry
Tampereen akateemisesti sivistyneet Gambinan ystävät ry (TAkSiGaYs, freely translated as Tampere Academic Gambina Appreciation Society) operates in Tampere to bring students and the student-minded together in an interdisciplinary, national and international manner. The society organizes annually all kinds of events that also have alcohol-free options despite our name. If you have ever heard about the Gambina meetings, or you know what the interdisciplinary Gambina group is, you are an already familiar face for our activities. For more information: gambina.fi.
- Linnea Niemelä – chairperson
- Tuomas Hakala – vice chairperson
- Rudolf Salminen – treasurer
- Mikael Timonen – secretary
- Jesse Rikkinen – external relations coordinator
- Niko Lankio – member coordinator
- Hiski Hämäläinen – communications
- Christopher Allen – event coordinator