I can’t get a new academic year / term sticker from the office. What do I do?
- You can give your student card to someone, who can come to the office.
- We post stickers to students living outside of Tampere. Mailing of the academic year sticker can be purchased through Kide.app for 2€. You can purchase the mailing from this link: https://kide.app/products/8987538d-0810-487e-8455-843b8a43ff73
- NOTE! Make sure your membership fee is paid before purchasing the mailing.
My student card is lost or broken. How can I get a new one?
Lost student cards are brought to Janitor’s office (B-hall) and info desk (G-hall). If the card isn’t found there, you can order a new one by contacting Tamko’s office. You’ll need to pay just the commission fees for the new card.
Can I order a student card before my studies start?
You should order a student card right as you accept your place to study. This way you’ll make sure to get the card right when you start your studies. Order your student card here.
I’ve paid for multiple years of membership, but I won’t be present during the next semester. What do I do?
Please notify us of your absence well in advance. That way you won’t spend the pre-paid semesters, since we can move your membership payments to later semesters. Notice, that TAMK’s info of your absence won’t reach us, since we are two different organizations.
I graduated from TAMK. Can I get a student card sticker and get the benefits?
The sticker can’t be claimed after graduating. When you order the student card, the student agrees to its terms and conditions. Student card cannot be used after they don’t apply anymore. If you have unused membership semesters, contact us so we can pay the leftovers back to you. Notice, that we can’t return membership fees after the semester has started.
I have a job; can I order your student card?
You can get our student card, if you are a degree student in TAMK (bachelor’s or master’s degree).
I study in professional teacher education or open university of Applied Sciences (in TAMK). Can I get a student card?
You are applicable for Tamko’s member card. With the card you’ll get all the benefits of Opiskelijan Tampere (Student’s Tampere) as well as all Tamko’s member benefits. Note, that Tamko’s member card’s owners are not applicable for national student benefits, like Kela’s meal subsidy or VR’s discounts. National student discounts are only included in University of Appied Sciences student card.
I have a student card from another student union / student association, can I get a student sticker from Tamko to that student card?
If you change your place where you are studying between two universities of applied sciences or you change from an university to a university of applied sciences, then you must change your student card and renew your membership to your new student’s union. The student card has to always be equivalent to the university where you are studying at the moment.
I have paid my membership for a longer period of time than my student card sticker says?
We have two kinds of student card stickers, one of which shows the validity for the whole semester and another one which shows it for the fall semester. Student card stickers are changed every year, so that we can be sure that students have valid stickers on their student card.
What is Pivo?
Tamko is a cooperation partner with Pivo, which provides the mobile student card for the members of our student union.
With Pivo mobile student card you get the same benefits that you get with your plastic student card. You can also transfer money with Pivo by using your mobile phone number or a QR-code. In addition you get student benefits from all over Finland with Pivo.
How can I start using Pivo?
- Become a member of the students union (Tamko)
- Download Pivo from you mobile app store
- The application is free of charge and it can be used no matter where your bank account is
- Follow the instructions given by Pivo for creating your username
- Use the electric identification with your online bank account
- Learn more from Pivo.fi
I would like to get a student discount on train ride, but my card hasn’t arrived yet. What do I do?
If the semester is already on its way and you are studying, you can download Pivo-mobile student card. With mobile student card you’ll get all the benefits that the physical card has, so it also works on train.
How can I get student overalls?
Student overalls are usually ordered by your study path’s own study association. Ask more from your tutor or contact your association directly. You can find a list of associations here.
I’ve done Tamko’s membership form, but Pivo isn’t working?
Few possible answers for the situation:
- We must accept your membership. We’ll accept memberships during our office hours, so weekend’s membership requests are accepted on Monday. You won’t be notified of the acceptance.
- Did you pay the membership fee, when you applied? Tamko’s membership fee must be paid, so Pivo will recognize you as our member.
- You must be a present student. Pivo checks your presence from TAMK’s systems.
- Did you fill all parts of our membership form? The problem might be e.g. a missing phone number.
I’ve done the membership application form, but I didn’t get an email confirmation about it. Has my application arrived?
Unfortunately, our current membership register can’t send confirmation emails. When you’ve completed the membership form and clicked Send-button, the page should tell you “Thank you for applying”. The only time you’ll get an email to your TUNI email address is when your card is collectable at our office.
My name has changed. How can I get a new student card?
Please, contact Tamko member services office(at)tamko.fi.