The most important task of the Students’ Union Tamko is to promote the interests of the students in Tampere University of Applied Sciences. Tamko works to improve both educational and social affairs. The most visible parts of this work are tutoring and the work of student representatives in the administration of TAMK. Tamko chooses all the student representatives by application who will bring the students’ opinions to the decision-making in TAMK.
The Students’ Union Tamko also promotes the interests of students through raising the students’ voice in the decision-making of the city of Tampere together with TREY – the student union of Tampere University. Tamko also takes part on the national and international promoting of the interests of the students through SAMOK ry.
staff memebr of the year
The Students’ Union of Tampere University of Applied Sciences (Tamko) has been nominating the staff member of the year in TAMK since academic year 2004 – 2005. The recognition will be given to a person who has remarkably developed education, study environment and TAMK community during the last academic year or by doing persistent work.
With the recognition Tamko wants to encourage good policies and motivate the staff to keep up their good work. Executive board of Tamko will decide the staff member of the year in TAMK based on written well-grounded proposals made by students and staff. The staff member of the year is chosen by the board of the Students’ Union of Tampere University of Applied Sciences. Same staff member can be chosen only once. Number of votes won’t decide the choise, because this is not an election, but the reasoning for your choise is the most important thing.
The recognition will be granted in the first weeks of an academic year.
Hall of fame
- Lecturer, Peter Heath (2004 – 2005)
- Principal Lecturer, Matti Lähteenmäki (2005 – 2006)
- Lecturer, Kirsti Kallio (2006 – 2007)
- Co-ordinating Study Advisor, Anne Mustonen (2007 – 2008)
- Special Skilled Worker, Timo Niemi (2008 – 2009)
- Head Of Degree Programme in Media, Cai Melakoski (2009 – 2010)
- Vice President, Marja Sutela (2010 – 2011)
- Lecturer, Pia Ruokonen-Kaukolinna (2011 – 2012)
- Merja Salo (2012 – 2013)
- Project Manager, Lauha Peltonen (2013 – 2014)
- Specialist / ICT Support, Jouni Ilola (2014 – 2015)
- Lecturer, Irmeli Nieminen (2015 – 2016)
- Anne Kuivasmäki (2016 – 2017)
- Lecturer, Yrjö Viitanen (2017 – 2018)
- Lecturer, Kirsi-Maria Rinneheimo (2018 – 2019)