Tamko Topics is a weekly newsletter of The Students’ Union of Tampere University of Applied Sciences.
How to publish in Tamko Topics? If you wish to publish news considering students and student life in Tamko Topics, send it via email to Tamko’s Communications expert at topicsiin(at)tamko.fi. Deadline for the material is Wednesday for the next week’s Tamko Topics.
- Restart the Student life: 6 September – 26 September
- New student at TAMK: informaton about Pivo mobile student card
- Students’ Union is looking for new harassment contacts!
- 3rd and 4th year students: Free mailing for your academic year sticker
- Where to find the information you need? Start from the intranet!
- SportUni: The new group exercise season starts on 30 August
- Information about COVID-19 vaccinations in Tampere
- Campusravita opening hours
1. Restart the Student life: 6 September – 26 September
Restart the Student life is Tamko’s new student event where you can participate by visiting various checkpoints around Tampere. The list of the checkpoints will be available on Seppo.io mobile app (link will be updated later). The event is aimed to all TAMK students, especially 2nd year students and other students who have started earlier. Restart the Student life is a fantastic opportunity to get to know Tampere and your classmates! There are over 100 checkpoints to choose from and amazing prices for the best teams. The event in Facebook.
2. New student at TAMK: informaton about Pivo mobile student card
Hey new student! Remember that you can use the benefits in the Pivo app 1) once your studies start at TAMK, 2) you have paid the membership fee and 3) you have accepted your study place (=registered as an attending student).
Tamko’s frequently asked questions can be found here.
Become a Tamko member.
3. Students’ Union is looking for new harassment contacts!
Tamko is looking for new harassment contacts! Application form and more information.
- Tamko’s harassment contacts support and advise persons who have experienced harassment under a secrecy and confidentiality agreement
- The students selected for the position are trained. Tamko’s social affairs representative and employees support the selected harassment contacts in their work.
Welcome to join! Apply by 31th of August 2021.
4. 3rd and 4th year students: Free mailing for your academic year sticker
Hey 3rd and 4th year student, you can now get mailing for your new academic year sticker for free! Order the free shipping from Kide.app.
This autumn campaign is valid until 30th of September 2021.
5. Where to find the information you need? Start from the intranet!
tuni.fi/intra – One system for all, personal for you
The intranet is the primary channel of internal communication and a gateway to other electronic services.
The intranet is your gateway to the latest news and events, study guidance, staff members’ contact information as well as all the information systems and electronic services that are available to our students. Visit the intranet regularly to keep up to date about everything going on at Tampere Universities!
6. SportUni: The new group exercise season starts on 30 August
The new season of SportUni group exercise begins on Monday 30 August. Group exercise classes are held every day of the week during the fall season indoors, outdoors and remotely via the stream. Classes are held at all our sport centres. Numbers of participants have been restricted so you are able to keep the safety distance. Read more.
7. Information about COVID-19 vaccinations in Tampere
The COVID-19 vaccination unit in Ratina serves for the time being:
- By appointment Mon-Fri 8am – 8pm
- Without an appointment Mon-Fri 8am – 6pm (Both the 1st and 2nd shots)
- The recommended dosing interval for the booster shot is 8 – 12 weeks.
- Closed from 26 to 27 August
Information about COVID-19 vaccinations in Tampere: www.tampere.fi/covid19vaccinations
Getting vaccinated against COVID-19: how, why and when? (THL.fi)
8. Campusravita opening hours
DeliCafe open 8-17
Lunch and take away 10.30-16.30
Campus shop 9-14