Tamko Topics is a weekly newsletter of The Students’ Union of Tampere University of Applied Sciences.
How to publish in Tamko Topics? If you wish to publish news considering students and student life in Tamko Topics, send it via email to Tamko’s Communications expert at topicsiin(at)tamko.fi. Deadline for the material is Wednesday for the next week’s Tamko Topics.
- Tamko’s office member services are open from 11th of August
- New student at TAMK: informaton about Pivo mobile student card
- Continuing student at TAMK: 09/2021 student card sticker (red) is valid until 30.9.2021
- Students’ Union is looking for new harassment contacts!
- Where to find the information you need? Start from the intranet!
- Multifactor authentication is now used in all TUNI electronic services
- Start the semester with a creative foresight project!
- New student, welcome to FSHS!
1. Tamko’s office member services open from 11th of August
Tamko’s office member services opens on 11th of August at 10 am. Member services desk opening hours: Mon-Fri 10am – 2pm. Notice that for the time being queuing to the service desk takes place outside our offices. This way we can keep a safe distance from each other because of the COVID-19 pandemic. We will inform about the possible changes to opening hours. Good to know when you are coming to Tamko’s office during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Wait for your turn to get service outside our office. This way we can keep a safe distance from each other inside our office.
- For the time being Solu is only open for necessary student services (student cards, SportUni fee, other advice or support to your questions about student life etc.)
- Remember to keep a safe distance and use a mask.
- Use PIVO Mobile student card as often as you can
- It is also possible to get a study year sticker for your friend too, in this case please bring their student card with you
- We prefer card payments
+358 44 382 6561
2. New student at TAMK: informaton about Pivo mobile student card
Hey new student! Remember that you can use the benefits in the Pivo app 1) once your studies start at TAMK, 2) you have paid the membership fee and 3) you have accepted your study place (=registered as an attending student).
Tamko’s frequently asked questions can be found here.
Become a Tamko member.
3. Continuing student at TAMK: 09/2021 student card sticker (red) is valid until 30.9.2021
Continuing student! Notice that your academid year 2020/21 student card sticker (09/2021, red) is valid until 30.9.2021. To avoid crowding in Tamko’s office during COVID-19 pandemic, we recommend that you come to get your student card sticker after August. You can also use PIVO mobile student card and get your student card sticker via registered mail.
More information about continuing your membership.
When your Students’ Union membership is valid you can pick the academic year sticker up at any time of the year for free from Students`Union office. A Tamko member can use the student card found in the PIVO mobile application free of charge when using student discounts.
4. Students’ Union is looking for new harassment contacts!
Tamko appoints harassment contacts who are students at Tampere University of Applied Sciences. These harassment contacts support and advise persons who have experienced harassment under a secrecy and confidentiality agreement. Bullying and behavior that is discriminating, offensive and unequal is taken seriously in Tampere University of Applied Sciences, and harassment contacts offer support in such cases.
The students selected for the position are trained. We are looking for empathetic and trustworthy students, who know how to listen, from all degree programmes. Tamko’s social affairs representative and employees support the selected harassment contacts in their work.
If you are interested, fill in the application form by Tuesday 31 August 2021. We will notify all applicants about the selections. More information about harassment contact can be found here.
5. Where to find the information you need? Start from the intranet!
The intranet is your gateway to information about your studies, news, events, study-related information systems, staff members’ contact details and the units’ presentation pages. The web address of the intranet is tuni.fi/intra. The intranet is the primary source of information for our students and staff. The public website tuni.fi serves external stakeholders only. Read more.
6. Multifactor authentication is now used in all TUNI electronic services
Hey student! Multifactor authentication is now used in all TUNI electronic services. This means that you will log in to the university community’s electronic services with your TUNI e-mail address. More information.
Problems with multifactor authentication or logging in, contact the IT Helpdesk:
+358 294 520 500
7. Start the semester with a creative foresight project!
Interested in meaningful, challenging themes of the future? Grab the opportunity and join an innovative project in Demola! In Demola projects you’ll put your imagination and creativity into use in globally distributed, interdisciplinary team of 5 members.
The projects of One for Humanity deal with equality and minority rights, society and politics, human behavior, planetary emergency, data ownership and new technologies. Check out the project descriptions of ’Next #MeToo’, ’Wealthy Problems’ and ’Overton Window in 2050’ and leave your application here.
8. New student, welcome to FSHS!
You are welcome to use our health services as a student in higher education. The FSHS provides students with support for well-being and health and on top of that we provide support for the betterment of health of study communities. Read more about a list of useful information and check out a short video about FSHS services and how to use them.