Tamko Topics is a weekly newsletter of The Students’ Union of Tampere University of Applied Sciences.
How to publish in Tamko Topics? If you wish to publish news considering students and student life in Tamko Topics, send it via email to Tamko’s Communications expert at topicsiin(at)tamko.fi. Deadline for the material is Wednesday for the next week’s Tamko Topics.
- Returning event of Tursaspassi passports 26th of April
- Suggest a sport or a wellness course for the autumn 2021
- Apply now to become a facilitator for Self-Hack!
- Career week for graduates 26.-29.4.2021
- Learning Lab’s Summer 2021, 6-8 cr / Practical training – Do to learn on 28 Jun – 6 Aug 2021
- Faster Than the Speed of Cancer: Foresight project
- Tamko’s office is closed for the time being
1. Returning event of Tursaspassi passports 26th of April
Tamko will organise an event for freshers of 2020 where you can return your Tursaspassi passport of 2020-21. In the event you’ll have a chance to collect more stamps to your passport! You can also buy overall patches during the event. Come by only if you are going to return your Tursaspassi passport! Facebook-event.
The event will be held outdoors in front of Tamko’s office Solu. We will follow the COVID-19 guidelines issued by Regional State Administrative Agency of Pirkanmaa area. Come by only if you are healthy, use mask and keep a safe distance from others! We will inform you right away if the event has to be cancelled.
2. Suggest a sport or a wellness course for the autumn 2021
The planning of the autumn 2021 sports courses is currently underway. As a compensation for the corona lock of sports centres, SportUni will offer a wider range of courses and the possibility of one free course / client in the autumn 2021.
What kind of sport or wellness course would you like join in the autumn?
Answer our short questionnaire!
The survey is open and can be answered until 6 May.
The courses will be published in August 2021.
3. Apply now to become a facilitator for Self-Hack!
Self-Hack is part of the orientation weeks for TAMK’s new students. The event is a 5 hour workshop which purpose is to support the planning of studies and to help in finding the right path for each student. The goal is also to encourage communication and team building.
As a facilitator you will support a group of new students during their Self-Hack day. You will be trained for your role and are offered tools for facilitation, so it doesn’t matter even if you don’t have previous experience. This is a great opportunity to build guiding and facilitation experience in addition to being a part of creating a fun event for the new students’ orientation week!
Apply to join before May 30th: https://forms.office.com/r/UkvWhvMdr1
4. Career week for graduates 26.-29.4.2021
Utilize TAMK’s services before leaping into work life! Come and join the first ever career week for graduates 26.-29.4.2021. During the week you can attend work-life related lectures and workshops online. Topics of the week are particularly useful for soon-to-be graduates, but other TAMK students are also welcome to join. You can sign up for the interesting events on JobTeaser’s Events page. Most of the events are in Finnish, but also non-native and sufficient Finnish speakers are warmly welcome to join.
5. Learning Lab’s Summer 2021, 6-8 cr / Practical training – Do to learn on 28 Jun – 6 Aug 2021
It is time to do useful things, take care of your well-being and learn new things and new ways of doing things. Are you tired of distance learning? Don’t worry. Enrol on the Learning Lab Summer, which is all about sustainability, wellbeing and communality. Enrolment and further information.
Other possibilities for the summer 2021:
HUBS Summer Challenges 10.5.-24.6.2021
Tampere Summer School 2.-13.8.2021
6. Faster Than the Speed of Cancer: Foresight project
Interested in futurework? Or simply really motivated to look into the questions of human behavior and how to reduce the delays and lags in the process of people going to the doctor?
Project timeline: May 5th – June 25th, 2021. Apply by April 30th.
Look for more information, create a profile and apply here:
7. Tamko’s office is closed for the time being
Tamko’s office is closed for the time being because of the COVID-19 pandemic. NOTICE: Our services work normally remotely. You can always contact us via phone (+358 443 826 561) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our office phone/WhatsApp: +358 443 826 561
- You can contact us via Tamko.fi chat
- If you are coming to Solu, contact us via WhatsApp or our office email: email@example.com
- You can also use Teams to contact us.
- All of our actors’ contact information
- Mailing of your academic year sticker
- Solu’s Sauna bookings are closed for the time being