Tamko Topics is a weekly newsletter of The Students’ Union of Tampere University of Applied Sciences.
How to publish in Tamko Topics? If you wish to publish news considering students and student life in Tamko Topics, send it via email to Tamko’s Communications expert at topicsiin(at)tamko.fi. Deadline for the material is Wednesday for the next week’s Tamko Topics.
- Returning event of Tursaspassi passports 26th of April
- Remember to answer the distance learning survey
- Apply now to become a facilitator for Self-Hack!
- Career week for graduates 26.-29.4.2021
- Summer studies at HUBS
- #HelpWorthy – Students’ Mental Health Day 2021
- Kela: Important information for students: Apply now for financial aid for the summer months
- Answer to a few questions about Virtual Exhange!
- Tamko’s office is closed for the time being
1. Returning event of Tursaspassi passports 26th of April
Tamko will organise an event for freshers of 2020 where you can return your Tursaspassi passport of 2020-21. In the event you’ll have a chance to collect more stamps to your passport! You can also buy overall patches during the event. Come by only if you are going to return your Tursaspassi passport! Facebook-event.
The event will be held outdoors in front of Tamko’s office Solu. We will follow the COVID-19 guidelines issued by Regional State Administrative Agency of Pirkanmaa area. Come by only if you are healthy, use mask and keep a safe distance from others! We will inform you right away if the event has to be cancelled.
2. Remember to answer the distance learning survey
Remember to answer the distance learning survey carried out by SAMOK and the student unions of the universities of applied sciences: https://tinyurl.com/tamkoeng
The aim of the survey is to collect important data on the experiences of students during the coronavirus pandemic.
3. Apply now to become a facilitator for Self-Hack!
Self-Hack is part of the orientation weeks for TAMK’s new students. The event is a 5 hour workshop which purpose is to support the planning of studies and to help in finding the right path for each student. The goal is also to encourage communication and team building.
As a facilitator you will support a group of new students during their Self-Hack day. You will be trained for your role and are offered tools for facilitation, so it doesn’t matter even if you don’t have previous experience. This is a great opportunity to build guiding and facilitation experience in addition to being a part of creating a fun event for the new students’ orientation week!
Apply to join before May 30th: https://forms.office.com/r/UkvWhvMdr1
4. Career week for graduates 26.-29.4.2021
Utilize TAMK’s services before leaping into work life! Come and join the first ever career week for graduates 26.-29.4.2021. During the week you can attend work-life related lectures and workshops online. Topics of the week are particularly useful for soon-to-be graduates, but other TAMK students are also welcome to join. You can sign up for the interesting events on JobTeaser’s Events page. Most of the events are in Finnish, but also non-native and sufficient Finnish speakers are warmly welcome to join.
5. Learning Lab’s Summer 2021, 6-8 cr / Practical training – Do to learn on 28 Jun – 6 Aug 2021
It is time to do useful things, take care of your well-being and learn new things and new ways of doing things. Are you tired of distance learning? Don’t worry. Enrol on the Learning Lab Summer, which is all about sustainability, wellbeing and communality. Enrolment and further information.
Other possibilities for the summer 2021:
HUBS Summer Challenges 10.5.-24.6.2021
Tampere Summer School 2.-13.8.2021
6. #HelpWorthy – Students’ Mental Health Day 2021
Students’ Mental Health Day is a nationwide campaign which aims to provoke conversations about current and important themes related to students’ mental health. The purpose is also to highlight matters and activities that can promote mental wellbeing in study communities. This year the campaign is exceptionally fully arranged and implemented on social media. Students’ Mental Health Day 2021 will be on Thursday 22 April, and the campaign will run from 12 to 23 April 2021.
7. Kela: Important information for students: Apply now for financial aid for the summer months
Financial aid is granted for example for lecture courses, set book exams, on-the-job-training or for working on your final project or thesis. Financial aid is available in the form of a study grant and as a government guarantee for student loans. Students who have been granted general housing allowance will continue to receive the allowance regardless of whether they are studying during the summer or not. However, they must apply for a review of their allowance if they have earnings from a summer job.
Applications for summer financial aid can be filed on the OmaKela e-service portal at www.kela.fi/asiointi (in Finnish) or www.fpa.fi/etjanst (in Swedish), or by filling in and printing out form OT 15e ‘Notification of changes, Financial aid for students’.
8. Answer to a few questions about Virtual Exhange!
Virtual exchanges offer an international experience but there is no need for travelling. Tell us how you see virtual exchange by answering to a few questions. Answering takes about one minute: http://lomake.tamk.fi/lomakkeet/31662/lomakkeet.html
9. Tamko’s office is closed for the time being
Tamko’s office is closed for the time being because of the COVID-19 pandemic. NOTICE: Our services work normally remotely. You can always contact us via phone (+358 443 826 561) or email: email@example.com
- Our office phone/WhatsApp: +358 443 826 561
- You can contact us via Tamko.fi chat
- If you are coming to Solu, contact us via WhatsApp or our office email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also use Teams to contact us.
- All of our actors’ contact information
- Mailing of your academic year sticker
- Solu’s Sauna bookings are closed for the time being