Tamko Topics is a weekly newsletter of The Students’ Union of Tampere University of Applied Sciences.
How to publish in Tamko Topics? If you wish to publish news considering students and student life in Tamko Topics, send it via email to Tamko’s Communications expert at topicsiin(at)tamko.fi. Deadline for the material is Wednesday for the next week’s Tamko Topics.
- Council meeting 6.9. at 5pm (Teams)
- Restart the Student Life 6.-26.9.
- Tamko’s office opening hours and member services
- Information about COVID-19 vaccinations at campuses
- Tolu’s weekly sports shift 7th of September (badminton)
- Energy for studying
- Student’s parking permit needed on campus
- Kela: Reminder for students in higher education to check that they meet the minimum credit requirements for financial aid
- Where to find the information you need? Start from the intranet!
1. Council meeting 6.9. at 5pm (Teams)
Welcome to Council meeting on Monday 6th of September at 5pm. The meeting will be held via Teams. All the members of Tamko are welcome to join the meeting by signing up beforehand. You can also get a stamp on your Tursaspassi from this event! More info on the Facebook event.
Please note that the meeting is held in Finnish.
2. Restart the Student Life 6.-26.9.
Restart the Student Life starts now! Restart the Student Life is Tamko’s new student event where you can participate by visiting various checkpoints around Tampere. The event is held on 6 September-26 September 2021. This event is aimed to all TAMK students, especially 2nd year students and other students who have started earlier. Restart the Student life is a fantastic opportunity to get to know Tampere and your classmates! There are over 100 checkpoints to choose from and amazing prices for the best teams. The checkpoints are in Seppo.io -mobileapp. Join the event with your team with these instructions!
3. Tamko’s office opening hours and member services
Tamko’s office member services desk opening hours: Mon-Fri 10am – 2pm. Remember to keep safe distance when queuing to the service desk and wear a mask. If the doors are locked during office hours (8am-4pm), please ring the doorbell. We will update the office opening hours if needed. Good to know when you are coming to Tamko’s office:
- The old academic year sticker (red) is valid until 30.9.2021
- You can pay Tamko membership here: tamko.fi/student-card/continue-your-membership
- OR you can come by to our office and pay the membership with credit card or cash. You’ll also get a new academic year sticker to your student card.
- You can also get your student card sticker via registered mail.
- Autumn campaign for 3rd and 4th year students: Free mailing for your academic year sticker.
- Use PIVO Mobile student card as often as you can.
Read more: tamko.fi/news
4. Information about COVID-19 vaccinations at campuses
Higher education students studying in Tampere can get vaccinated at pop-up stations at Tampere University and Tampere University of Applied Sciences. All higher education students studying at Tampere University or University of Applied Sciences may come for a vaccination at the pop-up stations, regardless of their municipality of residence. International higher education exchange students can also get vaccinated at these stations. No advance appointment is needed. You can get vaccinated by simply queuing up.
More information and times of the pop-up stations: https://intra.tuni.fi/en/content/news/29987
5. Tolu’s weekly sports shift 7th of September (badminton)
Tolu’s weekly 2-hour drop-in sports shift is BACK! Welcome all at the familiar time on Tuesday the 7th of September from 17:00 to 19:00 at TAMK’s sports hall. We’ll play a different sport each week and on next time it’s going to be badminton! All TAMK students and staff are welcome to join, and there is no skill requirements. We just want to have fun responsibly and get you moving. We’ll provide all the gear except for your sports attire and indoor playing shoes. You don’t need SportUni membership in order to attend, just say that you’re coming to Tolu’s weekly sport shift at the customer service desk.
6. Energy for studying
Join us to cook, play games and explore nature together. Events will be executed during autumn.
On Mondays we will meet for a variety of activities and on Wednesdays we will be cooking via Zoom. First meeting is on Wednesday 8th of September 2021 at 5pm. Sign up here.
7. Student’s parking permit needed on campus
Students arriving to TAMK’s main campus by car, please notice that you need a parking permit for parking in the campus area on weekdays at 8–16. You can buy your parking permit from the eParking online service.
Enter the Parking system (eparking.fi) with your Haka access. In the system, you will find the main campus’ parking areas as well as prices. Please make sure that your parking permit is properly updated since from September 13th there will be intensified control checkups in and around the parking areas.
IGL-Technologies Oy, customer support: email@example.com, tel. 040 653 8556
8. Kela: Reminder for students in higher education to check that they meet the minimum credit requirements for financial aid
Students in higher education should check the number of credits they have earned in the previous academic year. Past financial aid payments can be returned voluntarily until 10 September 2021. Read more from Kela.fi.
9. Where to find the information you need? Start from the intranet!
tuni.fi/intra – One system for all, personal for you
The intranet is the primary channel of internal communication and a gateway to other electronic services.
The intranet is your gateway to the latest news and events, study guidance, staff members’ contact information as well as all the information systems and electronic services that are available to our students. Visit the intranet regularly to keep up to date about everything going on at Tampere Universities!