Tamko Topics is a weekly newsletter of The Students’ Union of Tampere University of Applied Sciences.
How to publish in Tamko Topics? If you wish to publish news considering students and student life in Tamko Topics, send it via email to Tamko’s Communications expert at topicsiin(at)tamko.fi. Deadline for the material is Wednesday for the next week’s Tamko Topics.
- Council’s spring meeting 13.4.
- Returning event of Tursaspassi passports 26th of April
- Summer studies at HUBS
- #HelpWorthy – Students’ Mental Health Day 2021
- Kela: Important information for students: Apply now for financial aid for the summer months
- Answer to a few questions about Virtual Exhange!
- Tamko’s office is closed for the time being
1. Council’s spring meeting 13.4.
Welcome to Council meeting on Tuesday 13th of April at 5pm. The meeting will be held via Teams. All the members of Tamko are welcome to join the meeting by signing up beforehand using this link.
Please note that the meeting is held in Finnish.
2. Returning event of Tursaspassi passports 26th of April
Tamko will organise an event for freshers of 2020 where you can return your Tursaspassi passport of 2020-21. In the event you’ll have a chance to collect more stamps to your passport! You can also buy overall patches during the event. Come by only if you are going to return your Tursaspassi passport! Facebook-event.
The event will be held outdoors in front of Tamko’s office Solu. We will follow the COVID-19 guidelines issued by Regional State Administrative Agency of Pirkanmaa area. Come by only if you are healthy, use mask and keep a safe distance from others! We will inform you right away if the event has to be cancelled.
3. Summer studies at HUBS
Wondering what should you do for the Summer? Check out studies for the Summer from HUBS. There is a possibility to teamwork in Summer Challenges with Globe Hope as a partner, but also independent online studies.
The courses are open for all students from TAMK and TAU, regardless of field or year of study!
Summer Challenges 2021 | 6-8 ECTS | 10.5.-24.6.2021
Introduction to Entrepreneurship | 5 ECTS
Human, trends and future | 3 ECTS | only in Finnish
Sustainable entrepreneurship | 1-3 ECTS
Read more about the sustainable entrepreneurship courses by clicking the name:
Being a sustainable entrepreneur
Sustainable business modeling
Measuring the impact of your actions
Marketing | 1-3 ECTS
Enrollment opens soon, keep an eye on HUBS’ study calendar: https://hubs.fi/en/studies/study-calendar/
Do you have any questions? Contact us, firstname.lastname@example.org
4. #HelpWorthy – Students’ Mental Health Day 2021
Students’ Mental Health Day is a nationwide campaign which aims to provoke conversations about current and important themes related to students’ mental health. The purpose is also to highlight matters and activities that can promote mental wellbeing in study communities. This year the campaign is exceptionally fully arranged and implemented on social media. Students’ Mental Health Day 2021 will be on Thursday 22 April, and the campaign will run from 12 to 23 April 2021.
5. Kela: Important information for students: Apply now for financial aid for the summer months
Financial aid is granted for example for lecture courses, set book exams, on-the-job-training or for working on your final project or thesis. Financial aid is available in the form of a study grant and as a government guarantee for student loans. Students who have been granted general housing allowance will continue to receive the allowance regardless of whether they are studying during the summer or not. However, they must apply for a review of their allowance if they have earnings from a summer job.
Applications for summer financial aid can be filed on the OmaKela e-service portal at www.kela.fi/asiointi (in Finnish) or www.fpa.fi/etjanst (in Swedish), or by filling in and printing out form OT 15e ‘Notification of changes, Financial aid for students’.
6. Answer to a few questions about Virtual Exhange!
Virtual exchanges offer an international experience but there is no need for travelling. Tell us how you see virtual exchange by answering to a few questions. Answering takes about one minute: http://lomake.tamk.fi/lomakkeet/31662/lomakkeet.html
7. Tamko’s office is closed for the time being
Tamko’s office is closed for the time being because of the COVID-19 pandemic. NOTICE: Our services work normally remotely. You can always contact us via phone (+358 443 826 561) or email: email@example.com
- Our office phone/WhatsApp: +358 443 826 561
- You can contact us via Tamko.fi chat
- If you are coming to Solu, contact us via WhatsApp or our office email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also use Teams to contact us.
- All of our actors’ contact information
- Mailing of your academic year sticker
- Solu’s Sauna bookings are closed for the time being