Tamko Topics is a weekly newsletter of The Students’ Union of Tampere University of Applied Sciences.
How to publish in Tamko Topics? If you wish to publish news considering students and student life in Tamko Topics, send it via email to Tamko’s Communications expert at topicsiin(at)tamko.fi. Deadline for the material is Wednesday for the next week’s Tamko Topics.
- Enroll to Tamko’s Zoom workshop on remote studying, 30th March 2021
- Enrolment period to become an International Tutor 8.3.-28.3.2021
- Advocacy Studio on 7th of April 2021
- Buy Tamko’s overall patches from kide.app
- Stig to perform in Tamko’s Tursjaiset, buy tickets to the gig!
- Spring Feedback events – Let’s discuss and develop it together!
- Free-time activities on the roll!
- Summer Jobs of 2021 now on TAMK Jobteaser
- TAMK students and staff will continue to primarly study and work remotely until 31st of July 2021
- Tamko’s office is closed for the time being
1. Enroll to Tamko’s Zoom workshop on remote studying, 30th March 2021
Hi, you wouldn’t have anything to say about this would you? We would need a couple of ideas: what would get you and your friends interested in doing things together with other people? How would you cheer up remote working? What things are difficult and how could you help with them? Would you have a specific skill that you could teach others? Lets find everyone a group!
Come and discuss your ideas in our Zoom workshop on the 30.3. at 16-17.00, so this does not take long! All degree students are welcome, whether you are studying an bachelors or a masters. You know the best about remote studying and working so we want your opinion! For people participating in the workshop, there is a small prize!
More information: email@example.com.
Enroll here: https://bit.ly/38yhD46
2. Enrolment period to become an International Tutor 8.3.-28.3.2021
International Tutors are making sure that new exchange students of TAMK arriving in August are integrating to TAMK, Tampere and Finland.
Tamko will be training all the new International Tutors in TAMK and supports them along the way. There will be two online training evenings this spring for selected tutors. You’ll also get an extra point from tutoring if you’re leaving for an exchange yourself. Tutors will also need to fill up final report in order to get 2 study credits. We’ll monitor coronavirus situation throughout the spring and summer and inform the tutors selected actively.
Enroll here: https://bit.ly/3uO3OIr
3. Advocacy Studio on 7th of April 2021
The first Advocacy Studio in history will be here soon! The event organised by TREY and Tamko brings together students, student representatives, association actives and other influencers of the student field who are interested in advocating for students’ interests. The studio and workshops address educational and social affairs as well as, for example, current issues related to student exchanges. The programme is suitable for anyone interested in advocacy – whether you were a long-term advocate of students or cautiously interested! More information.
4. Buy Tamko’s overall patches from kide.app
Does your overalls scream for patches? Have you noticed that Tamkos patches are in Kide.app to buy? We can send the patches for you by mail, you just need to buy the postage from Kide.app. Buy Tamko’s overall patches here.
5. Stig to perform in Tamko’s Tursjaiset, buy tickets to the gig!
There are only few days left until Tamko’s Tursajaiset 2021. Remember to invite your friends to the FB-event to get the latest updates about the event.
STIG will perform on the afterparty of Tursajaiset. The gig is free for all the freshers of Tursajaiset. Other students can buy their tickets for the gig from Kide.app (only for Tamko members).
6. Spring Feedback events – Let’s discuss and develop it together!
Student feedback was collected last year in the April and November feedback weeks in the form of a new student and annual feedback surveys. Feedback was also collected from master´s degrees and through Graduation phase survey. The feedback summary can be found in the summary of TAMK’s student feedback.
During the spring, students and staff will discuss the feedback at joint degree programme specific events, in which the possible development measures will also be agreed. Follow your Degree Programme’s info on the time of the feedback events, get involved and share your ideas.
7. Free-time activities on the roll!
Join these outdoor or online activities to meet other people and spend time together. Notice, that few of the clubs are starting under the corona restrictions, so the volums are small. You can also make up your own topic and start as a club guide: Vapaa-ajan toiminnan ohjaus, 2-5op Guiding free-time activities, 2-5cu
Book Club, The program will be held with a different theme on Friday of the 2nd and 4th week of each month. It will start at 5 PM with a Zoom meeting. The 12th of March will be our first meeting with the theme “my all-time favorite book “.
- Sign in: Tampere English Book Club
Hervanta Running, come and run in Hervanta 1-3 times per week in different distances and velocities.
- Check this Telegram group where the runs are published! Telegram: Join Group Chat
8. Summer Jobs of 2021 now on TAMK Jobteaser
If you’re still looking for a summer job or an internship, head to TAMK JobTeaser and find numerous summer jobs and internships. New positions are published every day, so subscribe for job alerts and apply for interesting jobs.
You can sign in with your Tuni ID at tamk.jobteaser.com or use Intra’s shortcuts. Switch the language to English from the bottom right corner.
9. TAMK students and staff will continue to primarly study and work remotely until 31st of July 2021
TAMK students and staff will continue to primarily study and work remotely until 31st of July 2021. Staff and students may only come to the campuses to work or study if it is absolutely necessary. Please be sure to stay safe and follow the precautions during the winter break, too.
Read more: https://intra.tuni.fi/en/content/news/23530
TUNI Intra coronavirus page: https://intra.tuni.fi/en/content/news/18225
10. Tamko’s office is closed for the time being
Tamko’s office is closed for the time being because of the COVID-19 pandemic. NOTICE: Our services work normally remotely. You can always contact us via phone (+358 443 826 561) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our office phone/WhatsApp: +358 443 826 561
- You can contact us via Tamko.fi chat
- If you are coming to Solu, contact us via WhatsApp or our office email: email@example.com
- You can also use Teams to contact us.
- All of our actors’ contact information
- Mailing of your academic year sticker
- Solu’s Sauna bookings are closed for the time being