Tamko Topics is a weekly newsletter of The Students’ Union of Tampere University of Applied Sciences.
How to publish in Tamko Topics? If you wish to publish news considering students and student life in Tamko Topics, send it via email to Tamko’s Communications expert at topicsiin(at)tamko.fi. Deadline for the material is Wednesday for the next week’s Tamko Topics.
- Tamko’s office is open only by appointment until the end of November
- Mailing of your academic year sticker
- Tamko member, use Pivo!
- Hey student of higher education! Your health care services changes on 1.1.2021.
- Students’ health care service numbers in coronavirus questions
1. Tamko’s office is open only by appointment until the end of November
You can visit our offices during office hours (8am-4pm) on weekdays if you need our services. Remember to ring the doorbell because our doors are closed at the moment.
- Our office phone/WhatsApp: +358 443 826 561
- You can contact us via Tamko.fi chat
- If you are coming to our offices, contact one of these staff members beforehand:
Elli, asiantuntija.tuutorointi(ät)tamko.fi, +358 44 082 6567
Tomi, toiminnanjohtaja(ät)tamko.fi, +358 44 382 6560
Hannastiina, edunvalvonta(ät)tamko.fi, +358 44 382 6562
You can also book an appointment from our expert of member services: https://bit.ly/34IMGJ8
- You can also contact our office staff on social media or use Teams to contact us.
- All of our actors’ contact information.
2. Mailing of your academic year sticker
Extraordinary times and pandemic require exceptional actions to make everyday life smoother. Continuing member, now you have the opportunity to buy the mailing for academic year sticker from Kide.app.
If your Students` Union membership has been paid for in advance for several years or you have continued your membership through Tamko’s website, you can buy this product and we will mail you an academic year sticker. Please note that membership will be reviewed before submitting the academic year sticker. If you have paid for the membership by bank transfer, please send a receipt by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org , and we will send you your sticker in the mail.
NOTE! When your Students Union membership is valid you can pick the academic year sticker up at any time of the year for free from Students Union office. Tamko’s office Solu is open only by appointment until the end of November because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
3. Tamko member, use Pivo!
As a Tamko member u may use digital student card which you can find from Pivo – mobileapp. In Pivo – mobileapp is
- Download Pivo, sign in with your online bank user identifiers and add your payment details.
- Open Pivo and select Student card and pick your organisation.
- Create a student card by following the app’s instructions
The student card requires a valid membership of a student union. More information about Pivo.
4. Hey student of higher education! Your health care services changes on 1.1.2021.
From 1 January 2021 onwards, all degree students in higher education will be entitled to use FSHS services, as long as they have registered as an attending student for a particular term and paid the healthcare fee to KELA.
More information about the change: https://www.yths.fi/en/fshs/fshs-2021/
Check out the frequently asked questions from FSHS: https://www.yths.fi/en/fshs/fshs-2021/where-q-there-a/
5. Students’ health care service numbers in coronavirus questions
Student: if you have respiratory tract symptoms or other symptoms that might refer to a coronavirus infection please contact students’ health care services by phone.
Booking by phone for an appointment at Tullinkulma health care center (Hammareninkatu 7) on Mon–Thu at 8:15–14 and Fri at 8:15–13.
Degree programme: Energy and Environmental Engineering, Media and Arts, tel. 040 806 2454
Degree programme: Nursing, tel. 040 806 2459
Degree programme: International Business, Software engineering, tel. 040 806 2455
When the students’ health care number is closed you can contact Tampere city health services info, tel. 03 5657 0023 (every day at 7–22).