Tamko Topics is a weekly newsletter of The Students’ Union of Tampere University of Applied Sciences.
How to publish in Tamko Topics? If you wish to publish news considering students and student life in Tamko Topics, send it via email to Tamko’s Communications expert at topicsiin(at)tamko.fi. Deadline for the material is Wednesday for the next week’s Tamko Topics.
- Good to know when visiting Tamko’s office Solu
- How to publish in Tamko Topics?
- Students’ health care service numbers in coronavirus questions
- Join Yammer, our community-wide virtual break room!
- Intranet is a central hub for information about your studies
- Handbook for online learning (Tuni intranet)
1. Good to know when visiting Tamko’s office Solu
- Avoid visiting Solu if you feel any kind of symptoms of flu
- For the time being Solu is only open for necessary student services (student cards, SportUni fee, other advice or support to your questions about student life etc.)
- Use PIVO Mobile student card as often as you can
- It is also possible to get a study year sticker for your friend too, in this case please bring their student card with you
- We prefer card payments
Tamko’s office Solu opening hours during the 1st period (for the time being):
Mon-Wed 10am – 4pm
Thu 10am – 6pm
Fri 10am – 2pm
- Remember to check TAMK intra for up to date information during the coronavirus pandemic:
2. How to publish in Tamko Topics?
If you wish to publish news considering students and student life in Tamko Topics, send it via email to Tamko’s Communications expert at topicsiin(at)tamko.fi. Deadline for the material is Wednesday for the next week’s Tamko Topics.
3. Students’ health care service numbers in coronavirus questions
Student: if you have respiratory tract symptoms or other symptoms that might refer to a coronavirus infection please contact students’ health care services by phone.
Booking by phone for an appointment at Tullinkulma health care center (Hammareninkatu 7) on Mon–Thu at 8:15–14 and Fri at 8:15–13.
Degree programme: Energy and Environmental Engineering, Media and Arts
tel. 040 806 2454
Degree programme: Nursing
tel. 040 806 2459
Degree programme: International Business, Software engineering
tel. 040 806 2455
When the students’ health care number is closed you can contact Tampere city health services info, tel. 03 5657 0023 (every day at 7–22). More information:
4. Join Yammer, our community-wide virtual break room!
Join the conversations in Yammer, our community-wide virtual break room! Yammer is an internal social network that connects all staff and students across Tampere University and TAMK. It is available via the O365 suite of applications: https://www.yammer.com/office365 (log in with your TUNI-account)
You can get involved in the discussions by liking the posts and comments of others. We also encourage you to add your own posts and comments! Be polite and supportive. For instance public-access communities allow you to network via communities that match your interests.
Read more: https://intra.tuni.fi/en/content/news/18385
5. Intranet is a central hub for information about your studies
Are you searching for information about studies and studying? TUNI Intra (https://intra.tuni.fi/) is the place where you’ll find news, instructions and services, timetables, calendars and notifications from the student information Sisu. TUNI Intra also serves as your gateway to other information systems.
Read more: https://intra.tuni.fi/en/content/news/18290
6. Handbook for online learning (Tuni intranet)
Do you want to find practical instructions and tips for distance learning? Check out the Remote learning handbook and other instructions from Tuni intra: https://intra.tuni.fi/en/handbook/2677/2703/12024 (the handbook can be found at the end of the page)