Tamko Topics is a weekly newsletter of The Students’ Union of Tampere University of Applied Sciences.
How to publish in Tamko Topics? If you wish to publish news considering students and student life in Tamko Topics, send it via email to Tamko’s Communications expert at topicsiin(at)tamko.fi. Deadline for the material is Wednesday for the next week’s Tamko Topics.
- Do you need some support for your studies? Apply guidance from Peer Coaches!
- Good to know when visiting Tamko’s office Solu during the COVID-19 pandemic
- How to publish in Tamko Topics?
- Remember to return the 2019-2020 Tursaspassi Passport in time
- Let’s make TAMK number one in sustainability, kick off 22.9.
- Students’ health care service numbers in coronavirus questions
- Come and experience SportUni
- Companies need your help – apply to C-LAB now!
- The Our community section has been redesigned in intranet
- Intranet is a central hub for information about your studies
- Handbook for online learning (Tuni intranet)
1. Do you need some support for your studies? Apply guidance from Peer Coaches!
Would you like to have some support for your studies? Have you transported to TAMK from some other University? Apply guidance from Peer Coaches! There is a new form of peer guidance starting at TAMK this year called Peer Coaching. Coaches are fellow students who have been trained to work as Peer Coaches. They organize both one on one meetings and group meetings. You can apply if you have some issues or if you just want to meet new people or participate example in a study group. Objectives and meeting times will be discussed together with the Coach.
You can apply by filling out this form: http://lomake.tamk.fi/lomakkeet/30816/lomake.html
The applications are handled with confidence. Note that most of the activities are held in Finnish at the moment.
For more information please contact Tamko’s expert in tutoring Elli Korhonen via email email@example.com or by phone +358440826567
2. Good to know when visiting Tamko’s office Solu
- Avoid visiting Solu if you feel any kind of symptoms of flu
- For the time being Solu is only open for necessary student services (student cards, SportUni fee, other advice or support to your questions about student life etc.)
- Use PIVO Mobile student card as often as you can
- It is also possible to get a study year sticker for your friend too, in this case please bring their student card with you
- We prefer card payments
3. How to publish in Tamko Topics?
If you wish to publish news considering students and student life in Tamko Topics, send it via email to Tamko’s Communications expert at topicsiin(at)tamko.fi. Deadline for the material is Wednesday for the next week’s Tamko Topics.
4. Remember to return the 2019-2020 Tursaspassi Passport in time
The return date for Tursaspassi Passport for semester 2019-2020 is 30th of August 2020, so remember to return your last year’s Tursaspassi in time!
5. Let’s make TAMK number one in sustainability, kick off 22.9.
This event is a kick off for developing TAMK the number 1 University of Applied Sciences in Sustainability. We invite you to brainstorm how the whole TAMK community can promote sustainable development and transform the society creatively through education, research and responsible actions. Register for the event (registration deadline 21.09. at 6pm): https://bit.ly/3m9TohF
6. Students’ health care service numbers in coronavirus question
Student: if you have respiratory tract symptoms or other symptoms that might refer to a coronavirus infection please contact students’ health care services by phone.
Booking by phone for an appointment at Tullinkulma health care center (Hammareninkatu 7) on Mon–Thu at 8:15–14 and Fri at 8:15–13.
Degree programme: Energy and Environmental Engineering, Media and Arts
tel. 040 806 2454
Degree programme: Nursing
tel. 040 806 2459
Degree programme: International Business, Software engineering
tel. 040 806 2455
When the students’ health care number is closed you can contact Tampere city health services info, tel. 03 5657 0023 (every day at 7–22). More information:
7. Come and experience SportUni
In SportUni you can exercise safely during these exceptional times. Just pay the SportUni fee now – the fee is cheaper for Tamko members. One-year fee is only 75 euros!
SportUni opened all its services in the beginning of September. At the moment you can do ball games, group exercise, sport courses and gyms during normal opening hours. The number of visitors to the gyms and sport halls are limited so that we can consider the safety distance. In addition, you must enroll to group exercise classes via SportUni Selection Calendar. You will find disinfectant from the facilities to clean equipments. Hand disinfectant is also available.
If you are considering starting to do sports, you can make an appointment to SportUni exercise consultation for free of charge. It can be done either online or by appointment. Book an appointment directly from the Sports Coordinator.
8. Companies need your help – apply to C-LAB now!
During the 8-week sprint of C-LAB, you get to develop ideas from experiment to a concrete and sustainable launching plan. In C-LAB, you work in a multidisciplinary team, and co-operate with the idea creator / owner. You will do tasks and plans towards the launching of the product / service. The course is in English and you will get 5 credits. Come and join us!
Apply to C-LAB quickly, application period ends 30.9.: https://www.y-kampus.fi/en/studies/c-lab-4/
9. The Our community section has been redesigned in intranet
The Our community section was rethought as part of the gradual overall development of the intranet based on systematic planning and user feedback. The intranet start page was renewed in the summer.
The redesigned Our community section is a shared forum as most of the content is displayed to staff and students at both Tampere University and TAMK. Read more: https://intra.tuni.fi/en/content/news/18439
10. Intranet is a central hub for information about your studies
Are you searching for information about studies and studying? TUNI Intra (https://intra.tuni.fi/) is the place where you’ll find news, instructions and services, timetables, calendars and notifications from the student information Sisu. TUNI Intra also serves as your gateway to other information systems.
Read more: https://intra.tuni.fi/en/content/news/18290
11. Handbook for online learning (Tuni intranet)
Do you want to find practical instructions and tips for distance learning? Check out the Remote learning handbook and other instructions from Tuni intra: https://intra.tuni.fi/en/handbook/2677/2703/12024 (the handbook can be found at the end of the page)