Tamko Topics is a weekly newsletter of The Students’ Union of Tampere University of Applied Sciences.
How to publish in Tamko Topics? If you wish to publish news considering students and student life in Tamko Topics, send it via email to Tamko’s Communications expert at topicsiin(at)tamko.fi. Deadline for the material is Wednesday for the next week’s Tamko Topics.
- Good to know when visiting Tamko’s office Solu
- Students’ health care service numbers in coronavirus questions
- Traplight is looking for a Marketing Artist Intern
- Tolu’s weekly sports shift 8th of September (volleyball)
- SporttiAppro 2020 – the sportiest student event of the year
- Interactive musical theatre association NääsPeksi is looking for people to be part of NääsPeksi 2020!
- Handbook for online learning (Tuni intranet)
1. Good to know when you are coming to Tamko’s office Solu during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Avoid visiting Solu if you feel any kind of symptoms of flu
- For the time being Solu is only open for necessary student services (student cards, SportUni fee, other advice or support to your questions about student life etc.)
- Use PIVO Mobile student card as often as you can
- It is also possible to get a study year sticker for your friend too, in this case please bring their student card with you
- We prefer card payments
Tamko’s office Solu opening hours during the 1st period (for the time being):
Mon-Wed 10am – 4pm
Thu 10am – 6pm
Fri 10am – 2pm
2. Students’ health care service numbers in coronavirus questions
Student: if you have respiratory tract symptoms or other symptoms that might refer to a coronavirus infection please contact students’ health care services by phone.
Booking by phone for an appointment at Tullinkulma health care center (Hammareninkatu 7) on Mon–Thu at 8:15–14 and Fri at 8:15–13.
Degree programme: Energy and Environmental Engineering, Media and Arts
tel. 040 806 2454
Degree programme: Nursing
tel. 040 806 2459
Degree programme: International Business, Software engineering
tel. 040 806 2455
When the students’ health care number is closed you can contact Tampere city health services info, tel. 03 5657 0023 (every day at 7–22). More information:
3. Traplight is looking for a Marketing Artist Intern
The next big mobile IP is coming from Tampere, Finland! We’re creating casual mid-core
games with a fresh twist and are backed by the best investors in the business. We are offering you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join us in building a global F2P game service and growing it into a Top 10 grossing game!
We are looking for someone with high motivation to learn all about online marketing focused content creation and who has prior experience with video production software. Excellent communication and teamwork skills are also important qualifications for our new team member. We just globally launched our latest title ‘Battle Legion’ so the time to join the team is perfect!
4. Tolu’s weekly sports shift 8th of September (volleyball)
Tolu’s weekly 2-hour drop-in sports shift is BACK! Welcome all at the familiar time on Tuesday the 8th of September from 17:00 to 19:00 at TAMK’s sports hall. We’ll play a different sport each week and on next time it’s going to be volleyball! All TAMK students and staff are welcome to join, and there is no skill requirements. We just want to have fun responsibly and get you moving. We’ll provide all the gear except for your sports attire and indoor playing shoes. You don’t need SportUni membership in order to attend, just say that you’re coming to Tolu’s weekly sport shift at the customer service desk.
5. SporttiAppro 2020 – the sportiest student event of the year
WHAT: SPORTTIAPPRO – the sportiest student event of the year
WHERE: Start and finish line in Sorsapuisto, classes around the city centre of Tampere
WHEN: On Monday 14th of September at 11am – 7 pm
WHO: All students
TICKET: The ticket price is 10€ and the ticket includes access to four sport classes.
The first semester is known to be full of studying and partying, but no need to worry! We have a refreshing and exciting event for you to boost both your physical and mental well-being! SporttiAppro takes place on Monday 14th of September.
The event offers you an unique possibility to explore the city’s best sporting facilities for a student-friendly price. The participants get to try new and exciting sports of their choice in 30 min classes held all around the Tampere city centre between 12-6 pm. There are classes such as yoga, aerial hoop and wall climbing. By collecting four stamps of chosen sports, the participants receive the SporttiAppro patch and get to enjoy good music and company at the finish line after 6 pm.
6. Interactive musical theatre association NääsPeksi is looking for people to be part of NääsPeksi 2020!
Speksi is a form of improv & musical theatre popular among the universities in Finland and Sweden. NääsPeksi has over 100 students annually working towards a common goal – an epic musical theatre spectacle!
We have many specialised teams to complete all the tasks required and currently we are looking for people for these teams:
Hyvinvointi- ja viihtyvyys – Wellbeing & Social Events
Käsikirjoitus – Script (fluent Finnish required)
Lavastus – Set design
Logistiikka – Logistics
Lipunmyynti – Ticket sales
Mainosmyynti – Sponsors
Markkinointi – Marketing
Näyttelijät – Actors (fluent Finnish required)
Puvustus – Costume design
Ruokatiimi – Catering
Sanoitus – Lyrics (fluent Finnish required)
Taikatiimi – Make up and/or hair
Taltiointi – Photography
Tanssi ja koreografia – Dance and choreography (auditions on August 30th at 2pm at Tamppi-areena in Hervanta)
Tarpeisto – Props
Velhot – ICT
Visualistit – Visualization
You can register (non-binding) by using this link: https://naaspeksi.fi/uutiset/naaspeksin-tekijarekry-2020. The registration closes on September 13th.
If you need help or have questions, the producers will gladly help you, just send mail to email@example.com.
7. Handbook for online learning (Tuni intranet)
Do you want to find practical instructions and tips for distance learning? Check out the Remote learning handbook and other instructions from Tuni intra: https://intra.tuni.fi/en/handbook/2677/2703/12024 (the handbook can be found at the end of the page)