Previously used Pivo -app’s mobile student card will be deactivated at the end of January 2023, so download Tuudo -app now and start using Tamko’s mobile student card there!
If you have paid Tamko’s membership fee and are registered for attendance at TAMK you can activate mobile student card to use alongside you plastic student card. You get all the same discounts and benefits when using mobile student card or plastic card.
Tuudo is a free app, that has been made to make students’ life a bit easier. in addition to Tamko’s mobile student card, you can find from Tuudo example your timetables, study credits, reservations for classrooms and other TAMK’s spaces, cafeteria’s menu and course enrolments, quite handy!
You can download Tuudo to your mobile devices from application store.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USING TAMKO’S STUDENT CARD IN TUUDO
1. Tuudo must be downloaded to your mobile device from the app store. A mobile device can be a smartphone or a tablet, such as an iPad. The operating system of the device can be Android, iOS or HarmonyOS. Tuudo is not available for PC. Downloading and using Tuudo is always free for students.
2. When Tuudo is installed, after opening the application, the user will see a list of educational institutions. Either by browsing it or using the search function, the user searches for Tampere University of Applied Sciences and selects it.
3. Tuudo always requires logging in first. Tuudo can be logged in with the user’s personal university credentials. If the login is not successful, the user can try to log in to the university’s other services. If he can access them, but not Tuudo, you should contact Tuudo customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the future, the user does not have to log in, but Tuudo remembers the user.
4. After logging in, Tuudo’s home page and menu will open. Tamko’s student card can be found at the top right of the menu, behind the card wallet icon.
5. By clicking the icon, the student can access the student card view. The student card is only visible if the student is a member of Tamko and if they have the right to a degree at Tampere University of Applied Sciences. The student must also be present during the semester. It is good to notice that graduating in the middle of the semester disables the card, as the right to study has ended in that case.
6. A recognizable and high-quality photo of the card user must be uploaded to the student card, showing the user’s face. It’s not a good idea to upload the wrong picture to the card as a joke, because the picture can only be changed once per academic year. If the user uploads the wrong image, it cannot be changed by himself, but the user must contact Tuudo’s customer service at email@example.com. Without a recognizable picture of the user, the card cannot be used, for example, to buy a Kela supported lunch or VR services.
7. After uploading the image, the card is ready to use. The user’s information, such as name and field of study, will automatically appear on the card. The student card also always shows how long it is valid for. Typically, the card is valid for the entire semester, if the student is a member of Tamko, a degree student registered as present. At the end of the semester, the card ceases to be valid, unless Tamko’s membership is renewed for the next semester.
Who can use Tamko’s student card?
You are entitled to the card if you have the study right for a lower or higher university degree and are a member of Tamko. Attendance during the semester is required. Doctoral students or open students do not have a card.
A student of an open education institution cannot use Tamko’s student card on Tuudo entitling to e.g., Kela and VR benefits.
Why doesn’t the student card appear, even though it should?
The student card can sometimes temporarily stop working if Tuudo’s connection to the education institution’s system / membership register has been interrupted for some reason. Problems are usually fixed quickly. The student must be registered present for the semester and member of Tamko for the card to appear. If the card doesn’t work, even though it should, you can contact Tuudo’s customer service by sending a message either to firstname.lastname@example.org or directly through Tuudo’s Contact section.
How do I add a photo to the student card?
When you use Tamko’s student card for the first time, the application guides you in adding a picture. Remember to choose a recognizable, high-quality photo of yourself so you are entitled to the benefits that belong to you. Without a recognizable image, you cannot use the card.
Can the picture be changed?
You can only change the picture yourself once during the semester. For this reason, it is also important that you add a good, recognizable picture of yourself to the application during the card activation phase.
What do I do if I added the wrong photo to the card?
Accidents happen. If you uploaded wrong photo to your student card, you can contact Tuudo’s customer service at email@example.com or directly through Tuudo’s Contact section.
I bought Tamko’s membership. When will my card appear in Tuudo?
Tuudo receives information about your membership through the membership register. After your information has been added to the membership register, it will take a few days for the information to be updated in Tuudo and the card to appear.
The card is about to expire. How do I update the card to Tuudo?
Tuudo always gets up-to-date member information from Tamko’s member register. So it’s enough to renew your membership with Tamko in the usual way, and Tuudo will be informed about it.
Does graduation affect the student card?
Yes. According to the criteria of Kela, VR and Matkahuolto, the student card ceases to function as soon as the study right ends, even if Tamko’s membership has been paid for the entire year. The study right ends on the day of graduation. The same rules also apply to traditional physical cards.
Tuuto’s student card is officially approved by Kela: https://www.kela.fi/ateriatuki