Tamko Topics is a weekly newsletter of The Students’ Union of Tampere University of Applied Sciences.
How to publish in Tamko Topics? If you wish to publish news considering students and student life in Tamko Topics, send it via email to Tamko’s Communications expert at topicsiin(at)tamko.fi. Deadline for the material is Wednesday for the next week’s Tamko Topics.
- New actors for Tamko have been elected
- Tamko’s student cards can be used as access key cards at Kuntokatu campus
- Mailing of your academic year sticker
- Tamko member, use Pivo!
- Are you tired of remote studies? Help is available
- Influence Nyyti’s operations – answer the survey!
- Hey student of higher education! Your health care services changes on 1.1.2021.
- Use CityShoppari for free until the end of the year (Pivo mobile app)
- Students’ health care service numbers in coronavirus questions
1. New actors for Tamko have been elected
The Students’ Union of Tampere University of Applied Sciences’ Council for 2021 was organized on 18th of November 2020. The Council elected among its members Heli Dorn as the chairperson and Suvi Hänninen as the vice-chairperson. Emmi Lainpelto was elected as the chairperson of the Board.
Other board members are:
Congratulations for all and good luck for the upcoming year!
2. Tamko’s student cards can be used as access key cards at Kuntokatu campus
You will be able to access the TAMK Kuntokatu campus with yor Tamko student card. The change should be fully finished until the end of the year.
If you have started your studies on August 2020 or later, your card should work automatically as an access key at Kuntokatu campus. Students who have started their studies and got their Tamko student card before August 2020 should go to Teiskontie info desk to get their student card to work as an access key.
If you only have an electric student card, you can register any kind of card with a chip to use it as an access key (this DOESN’T include any official ID card or your passport).
3. Mailing of your academic year sticker
Extraordinary times and pandemic require exceptional actions to make everyday life smoother. Continuing member, now you have the opportunity to buy the mailing for academic year sticker from Kide.app.
If your Students` Union membership has been paid for in advance for several years or you have continued your membership through Tamko’s website, you can buy this product and we will mail you an academic year sticker. Please note that membership will be reviewed before submitting the academic year sticker. If you have paid for the membership by bank transfer, please send a receipt by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org , and we will send you your sticker in the mail.
NOTE! When your Students Union membership is valid you can pick the academic year sticker up at any time of the year for free from Students Union office. Tamko’s office Solu is open only by appointment until the end of November because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
4. Tamko member, use Pivo!
As a Tamko member u may use digital student card which you can find from Pivo – mobileapp. In Pivo – mobileapp is
- Download Pivo, sign in with your online bank user identifiers and add your payment details.
- Open Pivo and select Student card and pick your organisation.
- Create a student card by following the app’s instructions
The student card requires a valid membership of a student union. More information about Pivo.
5. Are you tired of remote studies? Help is available
We are continuously developing remote teaching based on student feedback. If you find remote studying challenging, please ask for help before the situation becomes worse. Help is available:
Social counselling for international students
Student health care
You can also contact Tamko and if need be, they will refer you to the right service. You can have peer support by participating in Nyyti’s chats .
6. Influence Nyyti’s operations – answer the survey!
Influence Nyyti ry’s operations by answering our survey. Your opinion is important to us. It takes approximately 10 minutes to complete the survey.
How do our group chats, online meetups, time management groups, and the Learn Life Skills Course serve you? Do our contents in social media inspire you? Is something missing? Answer the survey by 30 November: https://q.surveypal.com/Verkkotoiminnan-kysely–opiskelijat–2020
For each survey answered, Nyyti donates 25 cents to the Finnish 4H’s Taimiteko activity, which grows Finnish carbon sinks and employs young people by planting trees. One thousand answers mean 100 trees planted and 23,260 kilograms of offset carbon emissions. Please join the effort!
7. Hey student of higher education! Your health care services changes on 1.1.2021.
From 1 January 2021 onwards, all degree students in higher education will be entitled to use FSHS services, as long as they have registered as an attending student for a particular term and paid the healthcare fee to KELA.
8. Use CityShoppari for free until the end of the year (Pivo mobile app)
Are you using Pivo mobile app? You can now download and use CityShoppari 2020 for free until the end of the year. Via CityShoppari you can get discounts from various restaurants, shops and stores.
This is how you can start using CityShoppari for free:
- Make sure that you have the latest version of Pivo mobile app and you are using Pivo student card
- Open CityShoppari from Pivo’s main menu
- Activate CityShoppari and agree the user terms
9. Students’ health care service numbers in coronavirus questions
Student: if you have respiratory tract symptoms or other symptoms that might refer to a coronavirus infection please contact students’ health care services by phone.
Booking by phone for an appointment at Tullinkulma health care center (Hammareninkatu 7) on Mon–Thu at 8:15–12 and Fri at 8:15–12.
Degree programme: Energy and Environmental Engineering, Media and Arts, tel. 040 806 2454
Degree programme: Nursing, tel. 040 806 2459
Degree programme: International Business, Software engineering, tel. 040 806 2455
When the students’ health care number is closed you can contact Tampere city health services info, tel. 03 5657 0023 (every day at 7–22).