Tamko Topics is a weekly newsletter of The Students’ Union of Tampere University of Applied Sciences.
How to publish in Tamko Topics? If you wish to publish news considering students and student life in Tamko Topics, send it via email to Tamko’s Communications expert at topicsiin(at)tamko.fi. Deadline for the material is Wednesday for the next week’s Tamko Topics.
- Alkumetri and Tursajaiset cancelled
- Good to know when visiting Tamko’s office Solu
- Students’ health care service numbers in coronavirus questions
- SportUni will open all sports facilities for the customers on August 31st.
- Handbook for online learning (Tuni intranet)
- Traplight is looking for a Marketing Artist Intern
- Interactive musical theatre association NääsPeksi is looking for people to be part of NääsPeksi 2020!
1. Alkumetri and Tursajaiset cancelled
Tamko has decided to cancel both Alkumetri and Tursajaiset and move them to a later date. One of the main reasons for this decision was that we we cannot guarantee the safety of our students without risks during these events. Also, we want all students to be able to take part in our events, including those who are in the risk groups for COVID-19. That is why we want to be responsible and follow the coronavirus regulations as closely as we can. It is obvious that this is a difficult decision, but for us it is the only way to move on with the current situation. Still, our goal is to organize these events in the future. Especially Tursajaiset will be bigger and better than ever before!
The clubs and associations operating within Tamko can still organise their own events this autumn. However, this must be done by closely following the regulations of the Finnish Government. All in all, we advice the clubs and associations to take the necessity of the events into account when organizing them.
2. Good to know when you are coming to Tamko’s office Solu during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Avoid visiting Solu if you feel any kind of symptoms of flu
- For the time being Solu is only open for necessary student services (student cards, SportUni fee, other advice or support to your questions about student life etc.)
- Use PIVO Mobile student card as often as you can
- It is also possible to get a study year sticker for your friend too, in this case please bring their student card with you
- We prefer card payments
Tamko’s office Solu opening hours during the 1st period (for the time being):
Mon-Wed 10am – 4pm
Thu 10am – 6pm
Fri 10am – 2pm
3. Students’ health care service numbers in coronavirus questions
Student: if you have respiratory tract symptoms or other symptoms that might refer to a coronavirus infection please contact students’ health care services by phone.
Booking by phone for an appointment at Tullinkulma health care center (Hammareninkatu 7) on Mon–Thu at 8:15–14 and Fri at 8:15–13.
Degree programme: Energy and Environmental Engineering, Media and Arts
tel. 040 806 2454
Degree programme: Nursing
tel. 040 806 2459
Degree programme: International Business, Software engineering
tel. 040 806 2455
When the students’ health care number is closed you can contact Tampere city health services info, tel. 03 5657 0023 (every day at 7–22). More information:
4. SportUni will open all sports facilities for the customers on August 31st
SportUni will open all sports facilities for the customers on August 31st. Also, the group exercise and ball games season will start at the same day. There will also be an Open House Week in the SportUni centres from August 31st to September 6th. During the week you can try SportUni services for free. Please show your student card or certificate or staff card in the reception when you enter and remember the hygiene instructions when you arrive.
5. Handbook for online learning (Tuni intranet)
Do you want to find practical instructions and tips for distance learning? Check out the Remote learning handbook and other instructions from Tuni intra: https://intra.tuni.fi/en/handbook/2677/2703/12024 (the handbook can be found at the end of the page)
6. Traplight is looking for a Marketing Artist Intern
The next big mobile IP is coming from Tampere, Finland! We’re creating casual mid-core
games with a fresh twist and are backed by the best investors in the business. We are offering you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join us in building a global F2P game service and growing it into a Top 10 grossing game!
We are looking for someone with high motivation to learn all about online marketing focused content creation and who has prior experience with video production software. Excellent communication and teamwork skills are also important qualifications for our new team member. We just globally launched our latest title ‘Battle Legion’ so the time to join the team is perfect!
7. Interactive musical theatre association NääsPeksi is looking for people to be part of NääsPeksi 2020!
Speksi is a form of improv & musical theatre popular among the universities in Finland and Sweden. NääsPeksi has over 100 students annually working towards a common goal – an epic musical theatre spectacle!
We have many specialised teams to complete all the tasks required and currently we are looking for people for these teams:
Hyvinvointi- ja viihtyvyys – Wellbeing & Social Events
Käsikirjoitus – Script (fluent Finnish required)
Lavastus – Set design
Logistiikka – Logistics
Lipunmyynti – Ticket sales
Mainosmyynti – Sponsors
Markkinointi – Marketing
Näyttelijät – Actors (fluent Finnish required)
Puvustus – Costume design
Ruokatiimi – Catering
Sanoitus – Lyrics (fluent Finnish required)
Taikatiimi – Make up and/or hair
Taltiointi – Photography
Tanssi ja koreografia – Dance and choreography (auditions on August 30th at 2pm at Tamppi-areena in Hervanta)
Tarpeisto – Props
Velhot – ICT
Visualistit – Visualization
You can register (non-binding) by using this link: https://naaspeksi.fi/uutiset/naaspeksin-tekijarekry-2020. The registration closes on September 13th.
If you need help or have questions, the producers will gladly help you, just send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.