Tamko Topics is a weekly newsletter of The Students’ Union of Tampere University of Applied Sciences.
How to publish in Tamko Topics? If you wish to publish news considering students and student life in Tamko Topics, send it via email to Tamko’s Communications expert at topicsiin(at)tamko.fi. Deadline for the material is Wednesday for the next week’s Tamko Topics.
- Enroll to Tamko’s Zoom workshop on remote studying, 30th March 2021
- Enrolment period to become an International Tutor 8.3.-28.3.2021
- Become a Peer Coach! Application period open 22nd of March until 11th of April
- Council’s spring meeting 13.4.
- Advocacy Studio on 7th of April 2021
- Summer Jobs of 2021 now on TAMK Jobteaser
- TAMK students and staff will continue to primarly study and work remotely until 31st of July 2021
- Tamko’s office is closed for the time being
1. Enroll to Tamko’s Zoom workshop on remote studying, 30th March 2021
Enroll to Tamko’s Zoom workshop on remote studying, 30th March 2021: https://bit.ly/38yhD46
Hi, you wouldn’t have anything to say about this would you? We would need a couple of ideas: what would get you and your friends interested in doing things together with other people? How would you make remote studying more enjoyable? What things are difficult for you and how could you be helped with them? Would you have a specific skill that you could teach others? Lets find everyone a group!
Come and discuss your ideas in our Zoom workshop on the 30th of March at 4pm-5pm, so this does not take long! All degree students are welcome, whether you are studying an bachelors or a masters. You know the best about remote studying and working so we want your opinion! For people participating in the workshop, there is a small prize!
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Enrolment period to become an International Tutor 8.3.-28.3.2021
International Tutors are making sure that new exchange students of TAMK arriving in August are integrating to TAMK, Tampere and Finland. Tamko will be training all the new International Tutors in TAMK and supports them along the way. There will be two online training evenings this spring for selected tutors. You’ll also get an extra point from tutoring if you’re leaving for an exchange yourself. Tutors will also need to fill up final report in order to get 2 study credits.
We’ll monitor coronavirus situation throughout the spring and summer and inform the tutors selected actively.
Enroll here: https://bit.ly/3uO3OIr
3. Become a Peer Coach! Application period open 22nd of March until 11th of April
Are you interested in supporting other students or would you like make TAMK even more communal and get study credits from it!? Become a Peer Coach! Apply here: https://forms.office.com/r/EeSNZ0zCHt
Peer Coaching is indented for students from all the study programmes and all different phases of studies. Peer Coaches can support other students example when studies are not proceeding, when returning to studies after or brake or when in need of social contacts. Peer Coach can organize one on one meetings, group meetings or events based on once preferences.
Student Union Tamko will train all the Peer Coaches together with TAMK. First training session is held during this spring. Coaching itself will be starting during autumn semester. If you are motivated to support others and you have positive attitude, you are the person we are looking for! If you have questions, feel free to contact Tamko’s tutoring team: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Council’s spring meeting 13.4.
Welcome to Council meeting on Tuesday 13th of April at 5pm. The meeting will be held via Teams. All the members of Tamko are welcome to join the meeting by signing up beforehand using this link.
Please note that the meeting is held in Finnish.
5. Advocacy Studio on 7th of April 2021
The first Advocacy Studio in history will be here on 7th of April 2021! The event organised by Tamko and TREY brings together students, student representatives, association actives and other influencers of the student field who are interested in advocating for students’ interests. Enroll to the event by 30th of March: https://form.jotform.com/210623271650042
Via this form you can sign up for Advocacy Studio. Please contact email@example.com or Telegram @treytuomas if you’ll have to cancel your participation or you need futher information. The schedule and programme of the even can be found here.
6. Summer Jobs of 2021 now on TAMK Jobteaser
If you’re still looking for a summer job or an internship, head to TAMK JobTeaser and find numerous summer jobs and internships. New positions are published every day, so subscribe for job alerts and apply for interesting jobs.
You can sign in with your Tuni ID at tamk.jobteaser.com or use Intra’s shortcuts. Switch the language to English from the bottom right corner.
7. TAMK students and staff will continue to primarly study and work remotely until 31st of July 2021
TAMK students and staff will continue to primarily study and work remotely until 31st of July 2021. Staff and students may only come to the campuses to work or study if it is absolutely necessary. Please be sure to stay safe and follow the precautions during the winter break, too.
Read more: https://intra.tuni.fi/en/content/news/23530
TUNI Intra coronavirus page: https://intra.tuni.fi/en/content/news/18225
8. Tamko’s office is closed for the time being
Tamko’s office is closed for the time being because of the COVID-19 pandemic. NOTICE: Our services work normally remotely. You can always contact us via phone (+358 443 826 561) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our office phone/WhatsApp: +358 443 826 561
- You can contact us via Tamko.fi chat
- If you are coming to Solu, contact us via WhatsApp or our office email: email@example.com
- You can also use Teams to contact us.
- All of our actors’ contact information
- Mailing of your academic year sticker
- Solu’s Sauna bookings are closed for the time being