Tamko Topics is a weekly newsletter of The Students’ Union of Tampere University of Applied Sciences.
How to publish in Tamko Topics? If you wish to publish news considering students and student life in Tamko Topics, send it via email to Tamko’s Communications expert at topicsiin(at)tamko.fi. Deadline for the material is Wednesday for the next week’s Tamko Topics.
- Tamko’s office is open by appointment during December
- Tamko’s student cards can be used as access key cards at Kuntokatu campus
- Mailing of your academic year sticker
- Tamko member, use Pivo!
- Are you tired of remote studies? Help is available
- Develop your business idea and team to the next level – Startup Experience Pre-Incubator starts in Y-kampus on 13.1.
- Sustainability x eQuality Hackathon on 29–30 January 2021
- Hey student of higher education! Your health care services changes on 1.1.2021.
- Use CityShoppari for free until the end of the year (Pivo mobile app)
- Students’ health care service numbers in coronavirus questions
1. Tamko’s office is open by appointment during December
Tamko’s office is open by appointment during December
We are closed on following dates:
from 23rd of December until 3rd of January
Also closed on 6th of January (Epiphany)
2. Tamko’s student cards can be used as access key cards at Kuntokatu campus
You will be able to access the TAMK Kuntokatu campus with yor Tamko student card. The change should be fully finished until the end of the year.
If you have started your studies on August 2020 or later, your card should work automatically as an access key at Kuntokatu campus. Students who have started their studies and got their Tamko student card before August 2020 should go to Teiskontie info desk to get their student card to work as an access key.
If you only have an electric student card, you can register any kind of card with a chip to use it as an access key (this DOESN’T include any official ID card or your passport).
3. Mailing of your academic year sticker
Extraordinary times and pandemic require exceptional actions to make everyday life smoother. Continuing member, now you have the opportunity to buy the mailing for academic year sticker from Kide.app.
If your Students` Union membership has been paid for in advance for several years or you have continued your membership through Tamko’s website, you can buy this product and we will mail you an academic year sticker. Please note that membership will be reviewed before submitting the academic year sticker. If you have paid for the membership by bank transfer, please send a receipt by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org , and we will send you your sticker in the mail.
NOTE! When your Students Union membership is valid you can pick the academic year sticker up at any time of the year for free from Students Union office. Tamko’s office Solu is open only by appointment until the end of November because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
4. TAMKO MEMBER, USE PIVO!
As a Tamko member u may use digital student card which you can find from Pivo – mobileapp. In Pivo – mobileapp is
- Download Pivo, sign in with your online bank user identifiers and add your payment details.
- Open Pivo and select Student card and pick your organisation.
- Create a student card by following the app’s instructions
The student card requires a valid membership of a student union. More information about Pivo.
5. Are you tired of remote studies? Help is available
We are continuously developing remote teaching based on student feedback. If you find remote studying challenging, please ask for help before the situation becomes worse. Help is available:
Social counselling for international students
Student health care
You can also contact Tamko and if need be, they will refer you to the right service. You can have peer support by participating in Nyyti’s chats.
6. Develop your business idea and team to the next level – Startup Experience Pre-Incubator starts in Y-kampus on 13.1.
Do you have a team and a business idea, but you need support in your next steps towards owning your own business and a stronger team? In Startup Experience Pre-Incubator, you get to develop your business idea and your and your team’s know-how through different methods of team coaching, alongside various online lectures, literature, articles and online-materials. The content of the studies is planned for each team, based on the your team’s needs and business idea. Read more and enroll: https://www.y-kampus.fi/en/studies/startup-experience-esihautomo-2/
7. Sustainability x eQuality Hackathon on 29–30 January 2021
The Tampere universities community gathers to envision concrete steps for a responsible and equal future. Join us to make education, research and everyday life more sustainable!
Read more and sign up by 1 December via the event page!
8. Hey student of higher education! Your health care services changes on 1.1.2021.
From 1 January 2021 onwards, all degree students in higher education will be entitled to use FSHS services, as long as they have registered as an attending student for a particular term and paid the healthcare fee to KELA.
9. Use CityShoppari for free until the end of the year (Pivo mobile app)
Are you using Pivo mobile app? You can now download and use CityShoppari 2020 for free until the end of the year. Via CityShoppari you can get discounts from various restaurants, shops and stores.
This is how you can start using CityShoppari for free:
- Make sure that you have the latest version of Pivo mobile app and you are using Pivo student card
- Open CityShoppari from Pivo’s main menu
- Activate CityShoppari and agree the user terms
10. Students’ health care service numbers in coronavirus questions
Student: if you have respiratory tract symptoms or other symptoms that might refer to a coronavirus infection please contact students’ health care services by phone.
Booking by phone for an appointment at Tullinkulma health care center (Hammareninkatu 7) on Mon–Thu at 8:15–12 and Fri at 8:15–12.
Degree programme: Energy and Environmental Engineering, Media and Arts, tel. 040 806 2454
Degree programme: Nursing, tel. 040 806 2459
Degree programme: International Business, Software engineering, tel. 040 806 2455
When the students’ health care number is closed you can contact Tampere city health services info, tel. 03 5657 0023 (every day at 7–22).