Tamko Topics is a weekly newsletter of The Students’ Union of Tampere University of Applied Sciences.
How to publish in Tamko Topics? If you wish to publish news considering students and student life in Tamko Topics, send it via email to Tamko’s Communications expert at topicsiin(at)tamko.fi. Deadline for the material is Wednesday for the next week’s Tamko Topics.
- Tamko’s Council elections 20.10. – 4.11.2020, VOTE NOW!
- Wellness Challenge Week 2.11.-8.11.
- Enroll now for degree tutoring!
- Tamko’s office is open only by appointment until the end of November
- Tamko’s board’s open meeting and traditional evening
- Mailing of your academic year sticker
- Tamko member, use Pivo!
- Tamko is looking for a cleaner!
- Self-Hack workshop January 2021
- Dear student, how are you doing? Annual student feedback
- Tolu ry mandated spring and fall assemblies
1. Tamko’s Council elections 20.10. – 4.11.2020, VOTE NOW!
The electronic voting for Tamko’s Council elections ends on 4.11.2020 at 3pm. The electronic voting takes place via email link. The link will be sent to TUNI email for all Tamko members who are eligible to vote in the Council elections. NOTICE: Remember to check your junk mail if you can’t find your voting link.
The list of candidates can be found here.
2. Wellness Challenge Week 2.11.-8.11.
Welcome to join Wellness Challenge Week organized by Tamko and TREY! Wellness Challenge Week will be held from 2nd to 8th of November 2020. FB-event: https://www.facebook.com/events/4586851924722081
During weekdays we’ll post small wellness challenges on our social media channels open for all students of Tampere University or Tampere University of Applied Sciences to join. If you participate in challenges and share that to our Instagram Story or to this event page following the given instructions, you will participate in a raffle with a delicacy basket as a prize!
Over the weekend student associations operating within Tamko and TREY will post their own challenges. Also these challenges are open to all students to join. Follow our posts on Facebook or on our Instagram accounts (@treytampere @opiskelijakuntatamko) so you’ll get information about all the challenges!
3. Enroll now for degree tutoring!
Enrollment for degree tutoring is still on! Enroll here until 15th of November: https://bit.ly/2GtMX8W
4. Tamko’s office is open only by appointment until the end of November
You can visit our offices during office hours (8am-4pm) on weekdays if you need our services. Remember to ring the doorbell because our doors are closed at the moment.
- Our office phone/WhatsApp: +358 443 826 561
- You can contact us via Tamko.fi chat
- If you are coming to our offices, contact one of these staff members beforehand:
Elli, asiantuntija.tuutorointi(ät)tamko.fi, +358 44 082 6567
Tomi, toiminnanjohtaja(ät)tamko.fi, +358 44 382 6560
Hannastiina, edunvalvonta(ät)tamko.fi, +358 44 382 6562
You can also book an appointment from our expert of member services: https://bit.ly/34IMGJ8
- You can also contact our office staff on social media or use Teams to contact us.
- All of our actors’ contact information.
5. Tamko’s board’s open meeting and traditional evening
Tamko’s board’s open meeting and traditional evening is coming!
You’re able to come to see how Tamko’s board works and what we do. After the meeting, there will be traditional evening!
Evening is a event where to get to meet new people, play games or sew overall patches. There’s also some of the Tamko’s board members to talk with and of course something to eat. Enroll here.
6. Mailing of your academic year sticker
Extraordinary times and pandemic require exceptional actions to make everyday life smoother. Continuing member, now you have the opportunity to buy the mailing for academic year sticker from Kide.app.
If your Students` Union membership has been paid for in advance for several years or you have continued your membership through Tamko’s website, you can buy this product and we will mail you an academic year sticker.
Please note that membership will be reviewed before submitting the academic year sticker. If you have paid for the membership by bank transfer, please send a receipt by e-mail email@example.com , and we will send you your sticker in the mail.
NOTE! When your Students Union membership is valid you can pick the academic year sticker up at any time of the year for free from Students Union office. Tamko’s office Solu is open only by appointment until the end of November because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
7. Tamko member, use Pivo!
As a Tamko member u may use digital student card which you can find from Pivo – mobileapp. In Pivo – mobileapp is
- Download Pivo, sign in with your online bank user identifiers and add your payment details.
- Open Pivo and select Student card and pick your organisation.
- Create a student card by following the app’s instructions
The student card requires a valid membership of a student union. More information about Pivo.
8. Tamko is looking for a cleaner!
Tamko is looking for a cleaner (1) to take care of the cleaning of the Students` Unions sauna. Cleaning is mainly done on Saturdays and Sundays. The work is divided evenly between two employees. The salary is based on the visit, it does not matter does it take time 5 minutes or 1.5 hours to clean. If the cleaning takes a really long time, then there is a possibility of additional compensation.
Submit your free-form application by email firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 5th of November 2020. Further information: email@example.com
9. Self-Hack workshop January 2021
There will be Self-Hack workshop held on January 2021 for the new students of TAMK. Self-Hack is a one day life design workshop that aims to support individuals with planning a meaningful life for themselves.
At the moment we are looking for Finnish speaking facilitators to help out making great Self-Hack experience for incoming students. There will be new application period for English speaking facilitators next year. More information firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Dear student, how are you doing? Annual student feedback
Annual student feedback will be collected during the feedback weeks between October 26 and November 14. You will receive a survey by e-mail on Monday, October 26 from email@example.com. If you can’t find the mail, check your spam folder as well.
Your feedback is important! Please answer the survey!
11. Tolu ry mandated spring and fall assemblies
Tolu ry will have the mandated spring and fall assemblies at 5th of November at 17:00 and 26th of November at 17:00, respectively. Both assemblies will be held at classroom E1-06.
All TAMK students are welcome to participate. In the spring assembly will go through the annual report, and it is a good way to get a glimpse of what we do at Tolu ry. In the fall assembly a new board will be chosen for year 2021.