Tamko Topics is a weekly newsletter of The Students’ Union of Tampere University of Applied Sciences.
How to publish in Tamko Topics? If you wish to publish news considering students and student life in Tamko Topics, send it via email to Tamko’s Communications expert at topicsiin(at)tamko.fi. Deadline for the material is Wednesday for the next week’s Tamko Topics.
- Portti työelämään – Gateway to Work-life 18.-21. January 2021
- Tamko’s office is open by appointment until 7th of March 2021
- Higher education students, please note: remember to pay the student healthcare fee!
- You can get a library card from the library pop-up points – you can also activate your student card as a library card on the helpdesk.tuni.fi portal
- Apply now for outgoing exchanges for the Autumn 2021 semester and the academic year 2021/2022!
- The stricter COVID-19 guidelines will apply until 7th of March 2021
1. Portti työelämään – Gateway to Work-life 18.-21. January 2021
Normally Portti Työelämään is a recruiting event where organizations can meet students face to face, but this time Portti will be held remotely. Portti 2021 event at Jobteaser.
The themes for event days:
18th of January: Organizations from Technology branch
19th of January: Information and communications technology (ICT) and Technology branches
20th of January: Social and health, Media and Music branches
21st of January: Information and Communications technology (ICT), Business economy, Service economy branches
2. Tamko’s office is open by appointment until 7th of March 2021
Tamko’s office is open by appointment until 7th of March 2021. NOTICE: When you are coming to Tamko’s office during the pandemic remember to always contact us beforehand via phone or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our office phone/WhatsApp: +358 443 826 561
- You can contact us via Tamko.fi chat
- If you are coming to Solu, contact us via WhatsApp or our office email: email@example.com
- You can also use Teams to contact us.
- All of our actors’ contact information: https://tamko.fi/contact-information/
- Mailing of your academic year sticker
- Solu’s Sauna can be booked for maximum of 10 people at least until 8.2.2021. We are following the guidelines issued by Regional State Administrative Agency of Pirkanmaa area.
3. Higher education students, please note: remember to pay the student healthcare fee!
Students in universities of applied sciences and universities who are entitled to use the services of the Finnish Student Health Service (YTHS) must pay a healthcare fee to Kela. Higher education students must for the first time pay the healthcare fee to Kela for the spring term 2021. The fee can now be paid. Pay the healthcare fee to Kela if you are completing a degree in higher education and will be attending the spring term 2021. For the spring term, the healthcare fee must be paid by 31 January at the latest, provided the student has registered as attending by then. No bill will be sent on the healthcare fee, and thus you have to pay the fee on your own initiative. The healthcare fee can be paid via Kela’s e-service (in Finnish). There are also other options where you can pay the fee, contact Kela for more information. In 2021, the fee is EUR 35.80 per term.
4. You can get a library card from the library pop-up points – you can also activate your student card as a library card on the helpdesk.tuni.fi portal
While all the library facilities are closed, the library will offer pop-up service to customers of the Tampere University community in January for the purpose of obtaining a library card. In addition, the helpdesk.tuni.fi service portal now has the option to ask for the activation of your library card. A library card is mandatory in order to be able to use the library pick-up service points during the epidemic.
Library pop up point serves you beginning on Friday 15th of January as follows:
TAMK Main campus
location: B1-37 (in front of IT-Helpdesk)
service hours: Mon 14-15, Wed 9-10, Fri 14-15
Read more of how you can obtain your library card.
5. Apply now for outgoing exchanges for the Autumn 2021 semester and the academic year 2021/2022!
The application period for outgoing exchanges for the Autumn 2021 semester and the academic year 2021/2022 has started!
Online information sessions will be held on Tuesday 19.1.2021 at 13-14 in Finnish (join the Teams meeting here) and on Thursday 21.1.2021 at 13-14 in English (join the Teams meeting here). Read more from intra.
6. The stricter COVID-19 guidelines will apply until 7th of March 2021
Staff and students continue to work and study remotely at Tampere Universities until 7th of March 2021. Stricter guidelines have been issued to prevent the spread of Covid-19. Staff and students may only come to the campuses to work or study if it is absolutely necessary. Both Tampere University and TAMK have provided more detailed instructions for the delivery of teaching. Tampere University and TAMK advise all campus users to always wear a face mask when on campus. It is important to remember that coming to the campus is not allowed if you are feeling unwell. The previously issued safety guidelines must continue to be observed in all campus premises.
Read more about the guidelines.